PDA

View Full Version : Schedules, totals, sums etc.

felix.81253
2005-05-25, 07:45 PM
Not to familiar with schedules I am so far...

how do I get some sums, say over all square footage etc. out of the nice table and how do I apply some formula to it? I need to do some building/ code analysis and wonder how much of an Excel tables functions I can delegate to Revit without having to export data.

thanks for tips
and by the way, I very much appreciate this forum

Felix

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-05-25, 08:04 PM
Felix,
Select your schedule and in the properties dialogue make sure you have totals selected for the individual fields and grand totals in the Sorting/Grouping dialogue.
You can create formulas (formulae?) while in the fields dialogue by selecting the Calculated Value button.
Play with it and experiment a bit. You'd be surprised how versatile the whole setup can be.

Cathy Hadley
2005-05-25, 08:39 PM
On the topic of schedules... I have two questions...

1. How would you force a number to round up? i.e. occupancy load factors.. I have created the formula to find the number... say its 3.014 ... I need to have the *answer* to read 4... My idea is to create a new parameter that reads this number and then does some check? if you turn the units to interger or decimal it doesn't always round UP always ... I know one of you math wizards knows how to write this... and I know I'll be embarrased I couldn't remember this one

and

2. Is there a way to use a sum from one schedule ... in another schedule? for example ... get the gross building area from an area schedule and use it in a room schedule ? or even from a gross building schedule in a rentable scheudle?

Thanks in advace...

CZH

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-05-25, 10:35 PM
Hi Cathy,

Check out this thread for your first question.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=4899&highlight=rounding
It is a matter of creating the parameter as an integer rather than a number and adding or subtracting .5 from its value so it always rounds up or down.

As for your second question, I don't believe you can do it directly but you might be able to create some kind of multi-category schedule and hide the columns you don't need. Anyone have a better suggestion (or a better understanding?)

Steve_Stafford
2005-05-26, 12:20 AM
...Is there a way to use a sum from one schedule ... in another schedule? for example ... get the gross building area from an area schedule and use it in a room schedule ? or even from a gross building schedule in a rentable schedule?We've used a key schedule to hold a value like this so such a value can be used in another schedule. It isn't automatic but you only have to manage one number when it changes.

Cathy Hadley
2005-06-01, 05:03 PM
Great ... I knew you guys would point me in the right direction...

PeterJ
2005-06-01, 07:36 PM
We've used a key schedule to hold a value like this so such a value can be used in another schedule. It isn't automatic but you only have to manage one number when it changes.
Can you give a little more detail, please, Steve.

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-01, 07:52 PM
Can you give a little more detail, please, Steve. THIS THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=3808) discusses it.

You create a key schedule of one value that you can add to another schedule. All the objects in the other schedule get assigned that key value. You use a calculated parameter against this key scheduled value.

If you plug the gross area of your building into the key schedule you can use this value to get a comparison of individual or groups of areas relative to the gross area value. If the gross changes you change the value in the key schedule, once...everything else updates.

You do have to assign the key data to each room or area object and if you add new rooms or areas...well, you have to remember to choose it there too. Not automatic but fairly pain free.

PeterJ
2005-06-01, 08:50 PM
Thanks. I don't recall that discussion at all.

djrdz541527
2015-03-11, 09:18 PM
99198Hi

I would like to do the opposite of rounding up or down. I created a Room Schedule for a residential unit count. I included the room name and sort/group by this parameter, also included the count a calculated value which equals one and then another calculated value which is for the percentage of total count. I manage to work but......

the percentages are rounding up and my total end up being 103%. Is there a way to show up at least 2 decimals in the percentage calculated value?

Thank you.