PDA

View Full Version : Revit 6 Licence - UK

rhys
2004-01-02, 09:15 AM
Well my "30 day" Revit licence just expired after 16 days and still no e-mail from Autodesk. Has anyone in the UK recieved serial no.. for licencing . Can I authorise with the old 5.5 serial number

Nic M.
2004-01-02, 10:02 AM
Just checked, 15 days left.
But still no mail from autodesk.

There was a post here a few days ago:
http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2044

Maybe that helps

rhys
2004-01-02, 11:05 AM
Uninstalling and re installing might work if I had recieved the new serial number or e mail but it seems we haven't in Europe at least.
I upgraded to Revit 6 on 17th December this was supposed to give me a 30day licence until Autodesk got around to issuing instructions on how to licence. Revit 6 has now stopped working and requires licencing. But I have received no e mail. Previous 5.1 contract number will not relicence giving an error message saying the licence system is not working. I am now left without a working system with Monday deadlines great.
Don't suppose anyone from Autodesk is around to help.
Rhys

rhys
2004-01-02, 01:36 PM
Update
Authorised reseller tels me that Autodesk are not releasing ver 6 till February and that they have been told serial numbers will not come till then.
However the trial ver 6 licence on my old laptop still appears to have 15 days to run so this weekends panic seems to be over.
The concern remains however what happens after 15days when the trial licences runs out, oh and why did the fresh install of v6 on the new laptop fail after 16 days??? Locked software has always made me nervous now I KNOW WHY. BTW can't fault my resellers response who phoned in reponse to an email within hrs but can't do much till monday when Asdesk Europe come back from hols. Happy New Year Autodesk

Paul P.
2004-01-02, 02:34 PM
Rhys, I was told exactly the same thing just before Christmas by our
reseller. :?: [/quote]

LRaiz
2004-01-02, 03:20 PM
Resellers don't have all the data. They are referring to the date of expected release of Revit 6.0 CDs. However Autodesk Europe is working on electronic authorization of 6.0 that you downloaded. It should be made available before trial period is over.

Leonid

rhys
2004-01-02, 03:25 PM
If this is really the case then there will be a lot of angry UK users with upgraded projects that they can't access in 15days time. My reseller went so far as to say I shouldn't be using v6 until feb according to autodesk website. I can't find anything about this at all myself. I upgraded on the basis of Steve Burri's assurance here and on the Adesk white paper on licencing, that serial numbers had been or would be issued soon.
Until this is clarified it seems best not to upgrade projects until the issue is resolved, seems we have problem. either with communication or in using Revit 6 beyond 30 days or in my case 15!!

rhys
2004-01-02, 03:30 PM
Leonid
my last post crossed with yours please could resellers be given the information then. We are largely dependent upon them these days. And why has the trial licence version downloaded to my laptop stoped working after 16 days and left me stranded for at least part of the day. WHEN can I licence it again?
R

LRaiz
2004-01-02, 07:29 PM
Rhys,

I do not know why your trail license stopped working after 16 days. In our testing this never happened and I assume you did not change the date on your computer. What is the message displayed in the dialog accessible from Help > Product and License Info?

LR

Roger Evans
2004-01-02, 07:39 PM
Similar things are happening on 5.1 as well (at least in UK)
After opening Revit I'm asked to connect to internet etc
after log on not able to renew licence
7 day Grace period in operation
Looks like I'll have to wait till after holiday period

Roger

rhys
2004-01-03, 09:53 AM
Hi Roger
I'm sure you can sort out 5.1 with your reseller it uses a different licensing system and they can give you a new "fingerprint" I think.
Rhys

rhys
2004-01-03, 10:05 AM
Leonid
Thanks for response - message reads"license system error restart to initialize license man. system. If problem continues contact Authorized Product Dealer. Error 7.1.29"

Needless to say restarting computer did nothing and Reseller responded as outlined in my previous posts, and no the system clocks OK.
Just one other comment a 24hr Autodesk helpdesk for resellers in Europe might be useful over holiday periods.
Regards
Rhys

christopher.zoog51272
2004-01-03, 04:12 PM
Leonid
Thanks for response - message reads"license system error restart to initialize license man. system. If problem continues contact Authorized Product Dealer. Error 7.1.29"

Needless to say restarting computer did nothing and Reseller responded as outlined in my previous posts, and no the system clocks OK.
Just one other comment a 24hr Autodesk helpdesk for resellers in Europe might be useful over holiday periods.
Regards
Rhys

Ryhs,

This is a problem with C-Dilla, the new license manager. I've seen this error as well. You need to check that C-dilla is running as a service. In win 2k: Start, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

If it has stopped, restart it from the actions menu, if it not there at all, you will have to re-install.

I tried to repair a 6.0 install when my help files went missing, but the win2k repair thingy stripped out c-dilla, so it would not work. I had to uninstall and then re-install. Everything worked fine, and it recognized my license without any further problem.

hth,

Z.

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1125

rhys
2004-01-03, 04:33 PM
Thanks Chris
I'm just about to reinstall - cdilla is not there!! Wonder where it went
I seem to remember this kind of problem from years ago when I was testing a certain "legacy" product :D
Rhys

LRaiz
2004-01-03, 04:58 PM
Rhys,

Is Safecast there and started? (safecast = cdilla + 1)

- LR

rhys
2004-01-03, 06:51 PM
Chris
I've uninstalled and re installed fresh download. I now have a working system again with C-DillaCdacC11BA running under services on windows xp home no sign of C-DillaSrv though assume thats a win2000 service or hidden somewhere else . Thanks for you help once again.
Leonid
No don't seem to have Safecast running assume this maybe either somewhere else or not needed with Standalone Unregisterd Trial Version.
Look forward now to Adesk Europe being able to Register copies before the trail version expires in 16 days, and Resellers I hope being given the full picture.
Rhys