PDA

View Full Version : 8.0 Tidbit

david.kingham
2005-05-26, 03:12 PM
This may have been mentioned allready but I haven't seen it....

If you select two walls you now have a grip to stretch both walls together...very handy

Scott D Davis
2005-05-26, 04:36 PM
Works for lines, too!

Kroke
2005-05-26, 08:16 PM
You know how you can press the space bar to flip a wall while drawing? I didn' know this, but if you're drawing lines offset to one side (say 1'), instead of going up to and changing it to -1 foot to draw on the other side, you can use the spacebar to flip that too. I didn't know this and it's become quite handy for me. I just wish we could make linestyles like acrap and have multi-lines, that would be killer. Is there a way to do that?

J. Grouchy
2005-05-26, 08:41 PM
I just wish we could make linestyles like acrap and have multi-lines, that would be killer. Is there a way to do that?
acrap?

multi-lines could be dangerous...i can see people in our firm turning to those to do quick wall layouts

Kroke
2005-05-26, 09:09 PM
Acrap=Acad

Mutilines would be very useful for me. Less clicks and whatnot. Ya dig?

FK
2005-05-26, 10:02 PM
I'm not really familiar with Autocad. How is the chain option different from polylines?

david.kingham
2005-05-26, 10:04 PM
Polylines are connected together, one entitiy with control points.

beegee
2005-05-26, 10:09 PM
RB8 is now virtually the same. Draw a chain of lines, tab slect - see the blue vertex grips ? move one - moves just like a polyline ! Joins are preserved.

Polylines are connected together, one entitiy with control points.

ejburrell67787
2005-05-27, 09:25 AM
If you really want a polyline equivalent then make yourself a transparent filled region. Acts as one element and totally adjustable etc.

ejburrell67787
2005-05-27, 09:28 AM
Not quite the same I know, but you can use offset after drawing the first line, can also tab to select a chain of lines and offset them together. The newest formed line is then selected so if you need to do multiple offsets just keep on clicking!

Martin P
2005-05-27, 12:44 PM
Acrap=Acad

What about using detail component families to do this? They have stretchy ends if you make the paramaters instances.

Multilines In autocad were fine till you wanted to add something - then you had to explode them.. With Revit you could very quickly set up some corners, T junctions X junctions etc etc as streych detail comps.....

I use this one because my walls all have insulation hatching them - this is for areas where I dont want the insulation hatch to show. Could be a multiline easily. Load it into a project and see.