PDA

View Full Version : Structural suspended slab plans

Adam Mac
2005-05-27, 05:23 AM
Hi all!

Just starting my first suspended slab exercise and wondering what the best way is to get the "correct" plan representation for such things as
a) load-bearing wall under
b) load-bearing wall over
c) load-bearing wall both levels
d) non load-bearing wall

All of these are usually shown with different hatching or combo of line-types....
i can't see any easy way of doing this in Revit as all plan display seems to be tied in with wall type material. It would be nice to be able to override the "cut" pattern similar to what we can do with the fill pattern tool on slabs/walls etc.

Can anyone enlighten me as to best practice or how they tackle it?

TIA

beegee
2005-05-27, 05:44 AM
Well, firstly, are you going to have a Structural Plan and an Architectural Plan ?

If so - create the walls as Load-bearing and Non Load Bearing and use views set to Structural and Architectural or combined discipline. Wall under can be shown by creating an underlay and using the linework tool.

If, on the other hand, you want to have the one plan with all the wall types on it - create a wall type for each of the Load Bearing and Non Load Bearing walls using either color or fills or both to distinguish them and show the walls under as previously, but maybe with a different line type to pick up the LBs and NLBs.