PDA

View Full Version : Demo'd walls - show transparent?

christo4robin
2004-01-02, 10:03 PM
I'm showing demo'd walls on a floor plan. The thickness of the demo'd wall covers "new" plan information. I understand the logic, but is there a way to have the demo'd walls literally show as two lines so the new information shows through?

Thanks,

slb
2004-01-02, 10:21 PM
This will impact the way demo'd walls show in every view, but...

If you go to "Settings"; "Phases"; go to the "Graphic Overrides" tab to set a material for Demolished objects. Then modify that material ("Settings"; "Materials") to have some level of transparency to it.

christo4robin
2004-01-02, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, Steve. That appears to get me about 1/2 way to my goal. I changed the transparency of the Phase-Demo material to 100.

When the demo'd wall passes over walls and doors, it behaves as you described.

However, when the demo'd wall passes over plumbing fixtures, furniture, and in-place families, it still occludes them.

Any other thoughts?

Nic M.
2004-01-07, 11:10 AM
I would like to re-adress this item since I'm also having problems solving this.

However, when the demo'd wall passes over plumbing fixtures, furniture, and in-place families, it still occludes them.

Also the dashed lines in my families turn into solid lines when I set the filter for existing elements to "overriden"
The Graphic override / line pattern for the existing phase is not set.
I do want a graphical difference between existing walls and new walls.

Note: Still working in 5.1

funkman
2004-11-23, 01:27 AM
I too would also love to know any other thoughts on this issue? So here I go bump.

bump.

iru69
2005-04-28, 12:40 AM
Is this still not doable? I set my phase-demo material to white with 100% transparency - but I still see it - it's ruining the look of my plan. In this case, I guess I can just turn the demo phase off and draw some lines, but man, that's called AutoCAD. And that solution would be a major drag with even a moderate sized project. Is there something I should be doing instead that would fix this? Thanks.

funkman
2005-04-29, 06:58 AM
Ok, I am refurbishing a 4 level inner-city terrace, and I am having issues with Revit now with regards the overriding of the demolished walls covering up new work. Does anyone have any suggestions on this as shown above..ie, to have demolished works thoroughly transparent with just the dashed outline showing?

In the attached image, there is a new window int eh external wall behind the cupboard which is being demolished, yet it does not show as the cupboard is not transparent in HL mode.

isaac.hedberg
2006-06-26, 06:37 PM
I'm having the same problem on a project with a demo'd wall covering up new or existing elements in elevation. Has anyone figured out a way to make them transparent yet?

david.metcalf
2006-06-26, 06:49 PM
I am doing the plans for a renovation to a adobe house and bringing up many elements up to current code. One of the things I need to is have to use the demolish tool to set the windows to demolish and keep the infill out. But after demolition the elevations show the infill. So I have to edit the walls and add lines around the demolished windows so that the opening will appear to remain.

Then I must cut down the sill from 4'-7" to 30". This requires me to pull the opening down and add a wall fill in the opening and then demolish it again. Yech, not my favorite way to do this. This is in addition to the issues mentioned in the previous posts how it look in plan.

Does anyone have a process that works better in renovation projects?

agd
2006-06-27, 10:57 AM
Have you tried the wire frame option for your plan views. That works for plan views.
For elevations I trace the demolished items. Thats fairly quick to do if you select the full demolished item in one go.

david.metcalf
2006-06-27, 08:51 PM
I'll try that one, been modeling a bit more than I planned and need to pull back a bit.

isaac.hedberg
2006-06-27, 09:41 PM
Have you tried the wire frame option for your plan views. That works for plan views.
For elevations I trace the demolished items. Thats fairly quick to do if you select the full demolished item in one go.

Thanks... I was just hoping that there was a better way than to trace over things.

david.metcalf
2006-06-28, 03:46 PM
Like some else said, it would be too "AutoCAD"