PDA

View Full Version : A hole in a wall

E-Key
2005-05-27, 02:33 PM
Hi, everybody.

I need to put opening into walls for mechanical equipment and tag them in plan view like on picture.
Also I’d like to have a real hole in the wall in 3D view. I spent 2 days trying to find solution, but don’t have a success. I can’t see the hole if it’s below or above cut plan. And tag of the hole disappears from screen if hole is above cut plan. I know it’s possible to use Plan region, but it is inconvenient – the hole and tag also disappear when I change the hole elevation.
Could you please suggest the best way to solve this problem?

PeterJ
2005-05-27, 02:46 PM
The 'old-fashioned' way of dealing with this is to place an invisible model line in your family that descends/rises to the floor so that it intercepts the floor plane. I think there may be other tools available to you now or maybe I am just thinking of the plan region.

bclarch
2005-05-27, 06:24 PM
It would be nice to have a toggle parameter for families that we could set to "always show in plan" or "show in plan based on cut plane".

clarkitekt
2005-05-27, 06:29 PM
There is. Within the family, check the view properties. You can set them to show in plans or show in plans only when cut.

E-Key
2005-05-27, 06:34 PM
I use voids and filled region as detail component. And checkbox "show in plans only when cut" is unavailable.