PDA

View Full Version : First major project

harkeychad
2005-05-27, 02:55 PM
This is my first major project I am doing in Revit. I have about 20 acad details I am going to use. Is the best way to import these details is to make three layer types, say light medium and heavy and keep the colors (bylayer)the same on each layer?

sbrown
2005-05-27, 04:43 PM
As long as the details have objects set to bylayer, color by layer, linetype bylayer, you can bring them in. Set up your import lineweights file prior to importing them(note you can link them if you may need to edit them).
Set the lineweight file, its just color to revit line, so if color 1 in acad is a thin line you will input 1 for the revit side.

Once imported you can control / modify the lineweights, color, type under object styles>imported> or per view under view visibility>dwgs

patricks
2005-05-27, 05:52 PM
I don't know what your time constraints are like, but if would be best if you can re-draw these details in Revit using detail components. Based on recent discussion about model vs. linework, lines and imported DWG's both serve to add alot of "bloat" to a file size. I assume you will be working in Revit in the future and will probably want to use these details on future projects. I think it would benefit you if you at least started to draw some of the details in Revit.