PDA

View Full Version : COMPLICATED ROOF

athanasiosmavrides
2005-05-27, 05:58 PM
Dear Revit Guru people,

Can you help me ????

I am working with a complicated roof of a small residential house and since I am new to Revit everything seems like a mountain to me! all roof slopes are to be 30 deg and the roof must continue with the same slope over the two small balconies.
And also how can I make roof drains and inclined roof beams (wood) for my balcony (underneath the roof)???

any help is welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-05-27, 08:31 PM
You might want to post the Revit file, if it's not too large, and someone might be able to point you in the right direction.

For starters you can try creating a roof and playing around with the various roof options to see how the roof behaves. By turing off 'defining roof slope' options and changing the offset from the roof base you can achieve very good results pretty quickly that should be able to do what you want.
For your roof beams you can create in-place families.

athanasiosmavrides
2005-05-27, 09:08 PM
Well You are right , therefore here it is.

Thanks.

PS

ÌÐÏÑÅÉÓ ÍÁ ÄÉÁÂÁÓÅÉÓ ÅËËÇÍÉÊÁ ÄÇÌÇÔÑÇ?

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-05-27, 09:25 PM
PS

ÌÐÏÑÅÉÓ ÍÁ ÄÉÁÂÁÓÅÉÓ ÅËËÇÍÉÊÁ ÄÇÌÇÔÑÇ?
Sorry Athanasios, I'm not sure if it's a font issue or my personal lack of language support but it's all Greek to me :Oops: If it makes you feel any better I would know how to properly pronounce your last name ;)
I'll take a peek at the file.

Haden
2005-05-27, 10:33 PM
I have found that you can get roofs to do many more things if you don't pick walls with an overhang for the boundaries for a roof by footprint -- instead just delete the edges associated with walls, and draw lines that are offset by the value of the overhang. We have a project where at times overhangs vary between various sides of the house, and Revit will force the hip to follow the corner of the building to maintain a constant plate height if you use the select wall option, which also results in eave heights which don't align, even if you use the "ALIGN EAVES" button. By doint it with lines within the roof footprint sketch mode, I was able to get the hips to do what I wanted.

I will try to post an example later.

athanasiosmavrides
2005-05-29, 07:54 PM
Thank you all very much, I managed to make the roof with your guidances!

Here is the example!

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-05-29, 08:42 PM
Good work! Always jusy a little more satisfying when you manage to figure something out on your own isn't it.

Off topic I know but how is Revit taking hold in Greece? Are you all by yourself over there or are you finding new users taking up the Revit banner?
Just curious how the world wide acceptance of Revit is going

athanasiosmavrides
2005-05-29, 09:50 PM
Pouliadis in Athens is the main distributor for Autodesk programs in Greece. Many engineers about (80%) of any speciality use autocad. Architectural is quite popular, since everything was ready when your model was completed (sections - elevatios). And now comes to revit. Any change is automatically pass over to the sections, elevatios, and plan views. Revit is represented from ACE-HELLAS and in a fewmonths time all the Greek extensions will be ready. Until then I must work by myself, since the support is in Athens, 5 times a week from 9 to 5. Therefore the site is quite faster and your problem maybe is answered by somebody else a few weeks ago.

stevenjazz974461839
2011-05-06, 07:08 PM
hi am working a simple hose but i cant roof in revit 2009 i need help
the roof stand on one center line and slope in the 2 side but the ride line is place at from two corner point in diagonal
can someone help me please steven-jazz@hotmail.com
if you need mo detail email me i send you a sketch drawing
thanks in advance