PDA

View Full Version : Revit Structure and CSI Etabs ??

mvicentelo
2005-05-30, 05:21 PM
Revit 8 Structure will allow to perform Import and Export from Etabs and viceversa , somebody knows something more about this ..???

Milton

Wes Macaulay
2005-05-30, 06:23 PM
That's correct. Revit Structure will also talk to other analysis platforms, but I don't know if the list of those programs can be made public yet.

The engineer will model the structure and apply the loads in RS, and the geometry and loading information will be exported out to ETABS for testing.

Arnel Aguel
2005-05-31, 04:48 AM
The engineer will model the structure and apply the loads in RS, and the geometry and loading information will be exported out to ETABS for testing.

Wow thats great but how is it able to handle other loads such as UBC, Wind or Dynamic Loadings?

I hope that it will work with Staadpro also.

Arnel Aguel
2005-06-09, 05:07 AM
Now i understand why Staadpro is not included in the third party analysis program that will work with Revit Structure from the look at the documentation it seems that RS works the same function as Tekla Structure now which can do 3d modeling and detailing for concrete and steel. Tekla structure developer has an agreement with Staadpro developer and in fact they have some sort of a merger agreement that is why Tekla structure has a built in module of Staadpro inside their program.

I'm still hoping they will still link it to Staadpro because a lot of structural design firms using Staadpro worldwide.

nmangon
2005-06-10, 07:23 PM
Revit Structure has a public API. Anybody can use it, so any analysis vendor worldwide

In addition to that, our Autodesk Developer Network Group provides technical support and technical training to its members. Research Engineer is one of them and if they want they can definitely integrate their Staad Software to Revit Structure. It is their decision and you may want to ask them what their plans are

nmangon
2005-06-10, 07:24 PM
you can check more at www.autodesk.com/revitstructure

Arnel Aguel
2005-06-11, 02:09 AM
Thanks Nicolas for the insight.

Steve_Bennett
2005-06-17, 04:58 AM
That's correct. Revit Structure will also talk to other analysis platforms, but I don't know if the list of those programs can be made public yet.

The engineer will model the structure and apply the loads in RS, and the geometry and loading information will be exported out to ETABS for testing.ETABS,
RISA (spelling?)
ROBOT

Are the current ones to link up with.