PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall default panels

Alex Page
2005-05-30, 08:33 PM
After lots of reading (here), I've decided that the best way of creating internal office partitioning is by using curtain walls, not only for the glass, but for the solid partitioning as well (mainly because we use a 'styley' top and bottom track for the solid partitioning, consisting of negatives etc which is quite trickey to do otherwise).

Is it possible to setup curtain walls that have different 'default' panels. At the moment they all default to glass, whereas I want to setup a variety of different curtain-wall types (ie: solid plasterboard, plywood, glass etc etc).
I realise I can just change them as I go, but Im trying to make it as generically easy as possible for our designers

beegee
2005-05-30, 10:27 PM
Curtain walls automatically default to a System Panel : Glazed. No way to change that AFAIK.

You could modify the properties of the Glazed System Panel to be a solid partition panel, but I wouldn't recommend that. Easier for you to create a new curtain wall type made from solid panels, load that into your template and get your designers to use that type.

Alex Page
2005-05-30, 11:57 PM
Easier for you to create a new curtain wall type made from solid panels, load that into your template and get your designers to use that type.

Sorry lost me here, thats exactly what I want to do...how do I do that, there doesnt seem to be any way I can dictate the panel within the curtain wall

by the way...what does AFAIK mean??

beegee
2005-05-31, 12:08 AM
As Far As I Know.

You will need to place the curtain wall, select it and swap the glazed curtain panels for solid ones.

I thought that could be done once in the template, but it reverts to the glazed panel again.

Alex Page
2005-05-31, 01:21 AM
Thanks for your help anyway...