PDA

View Full Version : design options crash

jvoight
2005-06-01, 02:20 PM
Hello, I am experimenting with design options for the first time on an actual project.

The problem I have is when I want to add a extrusion where another extrusion resides on the off design option, the program crashes.

This happens only when I activate the extrusion option in the south elevation view, the same view that I created the extrusion in the off design option. If I activate the extrusion tool in a 3d view, pick a face for my work plane, then switch back the the south elevation to draw my lines, everything works fine.

I hope this makes sense. I can post a file if needed.

Batman
2005-06-01, 03:03 PM
I had a similar problem today where I was trying to add a stair to a design option, each time I did it, it kept crashing Revit (Ver 7). My version 8.0 isn't too far off. What version are you working on? Hope its not happening in 8.0.

jvoight
2005-06-01, 03:31 PM
I am using version 8. I also added an existing objects to the primary design option then created a secondary option over the primary.

sbrown
2005-06-01, 07:35 PM
I too have revit crash when adding items to a design option. The workaround is to highlight the object, ctrl+c or ctrl+X, then activate the design option and paste align.

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-01, 07:53 PM
I'm curious...are these objects that are copied before the crash part of another option or part of the main model?

Batman
2005-06-02, 02:19 AM
In my case they were part of the main model.

I'm curious...are these objects that are copied before the crash part of another option or part of the main model?

sbrown
2005-06-02, 02:10 PM
Part of the main model. In my current case, current file, almost anything I try to add to a design set/option, causes a crash. I haven't had time to send it in as we are on a deadline and I know the workaround. I'm still using 7.0. When I first learned of the issue I created a new design option set with 2 options for a ceiling option. Then I did a crossing window and filtered out everything but ceilings. clicked the add to design options, it started a regen, regen cycle and booom. So I thought ok, lets try one by one. same thing first one kills it. So I'll send it in for testing.

lev.lipkin
2005-06-02, 08:38 PM
Please send your examples to support or post them here.