PDA

View Full Version : Ortho Rendering

amara
2004-01-05, 08:57 PM
Is there a way to render plans and elevations with AccuRender?
I would like to get the shadow effect on renderings. In plans, even walls (internal walls) and doors don't show.
Thanks for your advice

gregcashen
2004-01-05, 09:08 PM
If you go to menu:view>orient, you can orient a 3D view to any orthagonal view and render from there.

amara
2004-01-06, 04:39 PM
Yes I did that. I get the rendering but the walls, slabs...don't cast any shadow in elevations. In the plan view all internal walls are missing and it appears odd. I would like to get the doors in plan with arc openings. Is there something I am doing wrong?

christopher.zoog51272
2004-01-06, 05:10 PM
Yes I did that. I get the rendering but the walls, slabs...don't cast any shadow in elevations. In the plan view all internal walls are missing and it appears odd. I would like to get the doors in plan with arc openings. Is there something I am doing wrong?

try unchecking the two check boxes in render dialouge about removing hidden faces and things outside the viewport. They always mess my elevation renders up.

sbrown
2004-01-06, 07:34 PM
You also may need to make a section box to use do define where you want the plan cut off.

amara
2004-01-06, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the tip. I uncheked the to boxes and elevations rendered fine. But still the plans are not showing correctly. How do I define a section box to cut the plan??

hand471037
2004-01-06, 09:53 PM
To define a section box for a plan rendering, first you need to make a new 3D view of the whole model. Give it a name, like 'section box'. Go into the view properties of your new 3D view, and turn on the section box. Move the crop grips so that the section box is cutting what you want for your plan view. Now, go back to your plan view, and under the render settings, pick to use a section box, using your new 3D view as the choice. Now your plan rendering will use the section box defined by that 3D view, and you can go back and modify as needed.