PDA

View Full Version : PlotDate field plots right, but doesn't show up in dwg

norrin
2005-06-01, 08:17 PM
This may be similar to another thread about the date field but I think my problem is a little different.
ACADMAP 2006, XP pro
I have some fields in my title block: filename, savedate, plotdate etc..
Everything was working fine when I first started using this block. But now the plotdate field will not update on the dwg, but when I print it shows the correct plot date on the hard copy. The other savedate and filename field work properly.
If the field had a date in it before it just keeps that date in the file, if I make a new field it just stays like '----'.
Like I said everything was working fine a couple of weeks ago, when I went on vacation. I know somebody got on my PC under another user and did some printing, but he says he "didn't change anything" :
I cant figure out what he "didn't change".
Any help would be appreciated.

RobertB
2005-06-01, 09:09 PM
Unless you save the drawing after a plot, the plot date change won't be saved. But I'm sure you know that. So are you saving that, after a plot, when you view the drawing while it is still open, the date isn't correct? What is your FieldEval system variable set to? 31 is the default.

norrin
2005-06-01, 09:24 PM
So are you saving that, after a plot, when you view the drawing while it is still open, the date isn't correct?
Exactly.
Example: The last time I printed this dwg was 4/7/2005 11:12 AM, thats what is showing in the field in the dwg, I print it today it comes out of the printer with todays date, or goes to pdf with todays date, but it still shows 4/7/2005 in the dwg. Save>close>re-open no change.
fieldeval was set to 31, tried it set to 15, no change
If I create a field in the field dialog it will show todays date in the examples but then I click ok and its ----.
Its really weird.
What do you think?
thanks for the reply btw.

Mike.Perry
2005-06-02, 12:01 AM
Hi

How about the UpDateField command...

Have a good one, Mike

RobertB
2005-06-02, 03:09 AM
If I create a field in the field dialog it will show todays date in the examples but then I click ok and its ----.Well, that part is normal. If a drawing hasn't been plotted, although the Field dialog box shows sample dates, the field itself, when inserted will still be unresolved.

As for the other part of your issue, if you have performed a save after the plot and reopened the file to still see the bad date, I give. :(

norrin
2005-06-02, 01:03 PM
Hi

How about the UpDateField command...

Have a good one, Mike
tried it too, didnt work.
dont know, guess I'll try a repair/reinstall after a while as much as I dont want to.
thanks anyhow.

jdbreazeale
2008-04-11, 09:29 PM
Has there been any resolution to this problem? I am having trouble with this field in AutoCAD 2009 as well.