PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Hardware Schedules

chris.80515
2005-06-01, 09:35 PM
Anyone know how to set one up ?

beegee
2005-06-01, 10:13 PM
Check out the example Andrebaros posted in this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=20109&highlight=hardware+schedule).

Andre Baros
2005-06-01, 11:35 PM
beegee, that's from Excel! I'm also trying to do this in Revit.

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-01, 11:44 PM
Sounds like a candidate for "key schedules". Each hardware group is defined by a single selection in a door schedule but includes however many parameters you need to define. You can place the hardware key schedule on the sheet next to your door schedule and use just the key schedule ID as the common parameter between them.

hand471037
2005-06-02, 12:11 AM
Sounds like a candidate for "key schedules". Each hardware group is defined by a single selection in a door schedule but includes however many parameters you need to define. You can place the hardware key schedule on the sheet next to your door schedule and use just the key schedule ID as the common parameter between them.

The way you do this is you create *two* schedules, one's the Door Schedule (a normal Door Schedule), and the other's the Hardware Schedule (a Door Schedule set to be a 'Key Schedule').

First, generate the Key Schedule by picking View -> New -> Schedule, Pick 'Doors' as the Category, name it 'Door Hardware', and then pick 'Schedule Keys' instead of the default 'Schedule Building Components', change the name of the Key from 'Door Key' to 'Hardware Code' (that slot below the radio button) & hit OK.

Now you'll have a Schedule with 'Key Name' as the only field scheduled. Add new parameters for each bit of hardware you want to track, like 'Comments' 'Closer' 'Latchset' and such, setting them as yes/no or text parameters so you can fill them out as desired. Or better yet, use some presetup Shared Parameters. Set how you want the Schedule to sort itself & it's appearance and such, and hit OK.

You'll now have a blank Hardware Schedule. On the Options Bar next to 'Rows:' you'll see a button that says 'New'. Press this to add new rows to your Schedule, one for each Hardware Group. Fill these out, and edit the key names(s) to be something like 'A', 'B', 'C'; for these are your Hardware Groups.

OK, so, finally, go back to (or make) a normal Door Schedule, and there will be fields available to you (all of the ones from the Hardware Schedule) as well as a new one 'Hardware Code'. Now add these Fields to your Schedule and organize them the way you want & hit OK.

Now, if you pick on 'Hardware Code' on your Door Schedule, you're presented with a little drop-down list of your Hardware Groups you defined a little while ago. Set it to A, and all the other Parameters ('Closer' 'latchset' et. all) automatically set themsevels to match Group A's settings from the Hardware Schedule. Same for B, C, whatever. Also, now, if you go back and edit the Hardware Schedule, and say, change Group A to no longer have a Closer, it will change everywhere. This is also a huge help for Head/Sill/Jamb details, for not to twist your head, but you can have multiple Key Schedules within a single normal Schedule...

Hope this helps.

SCShell
2005-06-02, 01:25 PM
The way you do this is you create *two* schedules, one's the Door Schedule (a normal Door Schedule), and the other's the Hardware Schedule (a Door Schedule set to be a 'Key Schedule').

Hey there,

Shouldn't that read "a Hardware Schedule set to be a 'Key Schedule'?"
Great Tutorial by the way!!!

Steve

Andre Baros
2005-06-02, 01:55 PM
Thanks again. Great tutorial.

bclarch
2005-06-02, 02:08 PM
Jeffrey,
Great description. Thanks for taking the time to type it out in such detail. I'm printing this one out for future reference. Perhaps one of the moderators could copy this to the tutorials section.

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-02, 02:13 PM
...Perhaps one of the moderators could copy this to the tutorials section...Been done!

chris.80515
2005-06-02, 02:14 PM
Thanks alot!!!!! GREAT TUTORIAL!

clarkitekt
2005-06-02, 03:39 PM
sweet! I was Wishing for this...looks like, as usual, the guys at Revit had it figured out already and I just needed to learn how to do it!

Thanks Jeffrey for opening my eyes.

hand471037
2005-06-02, 04:12 PM
Hey no problem. But you probably won't see another one of these for a bit, I'm cutting back on my coffee consumption. ;)

Just a quick note: *Any* time you've got Project-wide information that you want to manage Key Schedules can come in useful. At an old job, we used them to manage Unit Plan information for rooms. We made a Shared Parameter called 'Unit Plan', added it to a Room Tag & to the Project, and then had it managed via a Key Schedule. What this did for us is make it so that you could place a Room Tag into a Unit, and then pick from a list which Unit Type it was (A, B, C-2, that sort of thing) and the Name, Unit Plan Key (what sheet the Typ. Unit Plan was on), and more was all entered automatically & was easy to manage.