PDA

View Full Version : Shadows Fragmented

jpolding
2005-06-02, 04:56 PM
I have a drawing consisting of masses and floor objects that represent buildings on a site. Materials are applied to both. When I apply shadows it produces shadows which are very fragmented.

The rvt has a dwg imported into it. The dwg's limits are much bigger than the site in question. Could this have something to do with it?

cosmickingpin
2005-06-02, 05:07 PM
Could you cpost an image of what you are seeing? Without seeing it it is tough for me to understand the problem.

I have a drawing consisting of masses and floor objects that represent buildings on a site. Materials are applied to both. When I apply shadows it produces shadows which are very fragmented.

The rvt has a dwg imported into it. The dwg's limits are much bigger than the site in question. Could this have something to do with it?

Wes Macaulay
2005-06-02, 05:38 PM

The rvt has a dwg imported into it. The dwg's limits are much bigger than the site in question. Could this have something to do with it?Revit is limited by OpenGL (whose finite numbering can really be a pain) in how it displays objects on the screen. If you have a large DWG, say over a mile across, Revit's display can get flaky.

Another thing to check is when two objects share the same extent... say a wall face is also the edge of the topo. Looking at that wall face you may see weird triangular patterns on the wall since both objects are ending there and OpenGL is giving you a nice art display.

sbrown
2005-06-02, 06:13 PM
Also transparent masses dont throw shadows.

jpolding
2005-06-02, 06:21 PM
Sounds like you know about this one.
The objects which are causing problems have been detached from the drawing. How do I get the drawing extents to shrink only to the model?

When I cut and paste the model into a new drawing the shadows work perfect.