PDA

View Full Version : Civil tools in Map

malfan
2005-06-03, 02:09 PM
I'm using Map 2006 and while this might be a civil question, I think the subset of tools now in Map are less than the full suite - so I'm hoping someone out there might have dealt with this from the same perspective.

I brought DEMs in as a surface in Civil and using the style/create points inserted a 3-d object (wind turbines). The turbines are not inserting at scale even though drawn to scale and I've done the object in both meters and feet (figuring that something might be going on with the horizontal meter, vertical feet format of a DEM). There are settings for scale of a point, but I am suprised that it does not come in at the scale drawn and so far, playing with the scaling options, I can't figure out what the drawing is doing to my objects!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

JeremiahM
2005-06-03, 07:44 PM
Sorry, don't have an answer for your question, but I was wondering if your DEM files came in georeferenced correctly? In Map 3D 2005 they would never come in for me.

Thanks, Jeremiah

malfan
2005-06-06, 04:29 PM
It turns out to be one of the point settings, it has to be 'fixed scale' in order to come in correctly as an AutoCAD block.
Actually the DEMs are coming in properly georeferenced in 2006, so that's an improvement!

JeremiahM
2005-06-06, 11:30 PM
Awesome, that is great to hear!

Jeremiah

malfan
2005-06-09, 08:33 PM
I take that back.....I just noticed that my turbines are 200' off north/south from where they should be. So close, yet no good.