PDA

View Full Version : Installation recomendation - just bought Revit :)

bigcahunakelner1865
2004-01-06, 09:43 PM
Hi all locals...
I'm all green and new here, and already have a Q...
I just recieved my new Revit copy, which I ordered about a month ago.
I got the 5.1 CD, but I have a 12 months free upgrades.
Should I install 5.1, authorise it and continue from there?
Or
Should I just download the 6.0 Demo and authorize it with the serial I got on my 5.1 CD?
Or
Anything else you guys can offer (maybe just stick with 5.1 for a while for any reason?)

Tnx in advance.

Scott Hopkins
2004-01-06, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the world of Revit!

If you have a fast internet connection I would go ahead and download and install 6.0. With 6.0 you may run into some licensing delays but I think it is worth it to see if you can get it working. If you have delays with 6.0 then install 5.1. There is no problem having both versions installed on the same computer.

https://pointa.autodesk.com/local/enu/portal/signin.jsp

Henry D
2004-01-06, 10:34 PM
I just got my authorization Code for 6.0 today. I called 1-800-551-1490 and they gave it to me. You just have to give them the request number that comes up when you start filling out the on-line authorization forms.

bigcahunakelner1865
2004-01-07, 05:20 PM
tnx for the reply fellas
I guess I'll go with 6.0 right from the start.
TNX.

mlgatzke
2004-01-07, 06:07 PM
I've been working for two days now, trying to authorize my 6.0. Autodesk was telling me (and my reseller) that 6.0 is "Beta" software and is not "official release" software and cannot be authorized. I'd previously called Autodesk Authorizations to authorize 6.0, but was told that they couldn't authorize 6.

THIS IS BULLS#&T!

I just worked with my reseller and Autodesk authorization and got my 6.0 authorized.

So, don't let anyone tell you that you can't authorize Revit 6. You can. Autodesk's left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing.

rhys
2004-01-07, 07:19 PM
Can't authorise in Europe as serial numbers have still not been issued I have stopped using Revit 6 on live projects until the promised e mail arrives. There are now only 9 days until trial version expires. Frankly its not good enough Autodesk.

bigcahunakelner1865
2004-01-08, 12:38 PM
hmmm
Good thing I checked the forum again, cause from some reason I'm not getting any emails about replys...
I'll just go with 5.1, auth it and wait for emails.
TNX everybody.