PDA

View Full Version : Room Numbering Vertical Elements?

robert.manna
2005-06-06, 03:21 PM
How have people handled numbering their stair towers and elevator shafts? How do "rooms" deal with these elements in a building? Will the entire vertical enclosure be seen as a room that spans across multiple floors? Suggustions or ideas? We prefer to number a stair as single "room" even though there is a school of thought that says to number the stair at each floor per floor. Thoughts?

Thanks
-R

aaronrumple
2005-06-06, 03:45 PM
Revit will see a "room" at each level. You can name and number each one exactly the same. Revit will issue a duplicate number warning which is ignorable.

blumarble
2006-05-15, 05:38 PM
I just upgraded to 9. I received no error warnings loading my project, but 9 is not letting me place a room tags in elevator shafts. Just to check, I had saved a copy of my project and opened it in 8.1 (fortunately, I didn't uninstall 8.1) and 8.1 *will* let me place a tag in my elevator shafts. Is there some setting I need to change in 9 to be able to do this?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-15, 06:04 PM
Revit 9 changed the way rooms and room tags behave. We now have a 'Room object' that allows for rooms to span multiple levels. Instead of placing a room tag as you did before, now you place a room object and tag that.

cphubb
2006-05-15, 11:34 PM
I just upgraded to 9. I received no error warnings loading my project, but 9 is not letting me place a room tags in elevator shafts. Just to check, I had saved a copy of my project and opened it in 8.1 (fortunately, I didn't uninstall 8.1) and 8.1 *will* let me place a tag in my elevator shafts. Is there some setting I need to change in 9 to be able to do this?

Robert,

Make your room on the lower floor extend all the way to the top of the elevator stair etc. Then the room will tag the same on all plans which intersect it.