PDA

View Full Version : Stage Curtain family WIP

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-07, 07:05 AM
Since I've got so many years of theater rigging and such behind me, I've been kicking around building stage related families. I've got a project I could use them for now too...so being up much too late here's a couple images.

This setting is comprised of one family, two types, all traveler curtains but with different "opening" settings. The rear curtain being closed, the others are all set at 12 ft. wide legs. The batten and track are in essentially the correct relationship but no attachment stuff is modeled for simplicity sake. I've still got material parameters to sort out but this one is almost done, the valance sets will be a piece of cake now. Lighting sets and other stuff I'll tackle eventually.

These use a nested array of blends to create the curtains and it was frustratiing but I've finally convinced myself I know what I'm doing...first mistake. :twisted:

Comments?

gregcashen
2004-01-07, 07:27 AM
Nice use of blends, steve! Mind posting the family when you get a chance? I have a project that this would help out with quite a bit!

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-08, 02:49 AM
Sorry Greg it's intellectchamal poorpity...plus whadya want with theater stuff, you only like W18's & C12's right?

Ackchally, I plan to share...I'll wrap it up.

gregcashen
2004-01-08, 03:01 AM
Jerk. Oh...just kiddin'.

Actually, my boss's son wanted a stage for a video he's shooting. It's supposed to be like a 1950's musical theme type thing. I dunno. I could probably model something better in a few seconds anyway, so don't worry about it. Just kidding ;)

Post...Post...Post...Please!

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-08, 05:33 AM
Back at ya!

Okay...two files Traveler Curtain and Border Curtain, some nested elements I'll post later are in them. They chew up processor, so beware...

Check out the parameter naming and comments...experimenting.

Let me know what you think, materials are not changing per family type in a project though they appear to be sync'd up in the various dialogs etc. I thought materials in nested families were fixed in 6.0? No time now... 6.0 families by the way

Overview: Parametric curtain height, batten width, curtain width via 12" panels (array'd blends). Batten position and curtain track located according to curtain height. It is possible to do a real masking study with these. User comments added to parameters that are intended for alteration.