PDA

View Full Version : License manager query

PeterJ
2004-01-07, 08:55 AM
Following various investigations we are going with the network model for Release 6. We don't yet have our license codes, despite a promise from my reseller that they were on their way yesterday.

To be ready to go over to 6 I downloaded the ADLM and began installation on a box that lives in the corner and doesn't do too much work. When I downloaded it told me it was ADLM for Revit 5.1L. Is this correct?

rhys
2004-01-07, 09:07 AM
My downloaded v6 seems to have a portable licence manager and another license manage utilitity installed with it I assume one of them is the network one, Just look in th revit programme group on the start menu and see if thats it
Rhys

rhys
2004-01-07, 09:10 AM
I haven't got a registration e mail either .Given that the expiry date is so close it really is time we had some official word from Adesk Europe. Sarah and Kenneth where are you?

Paul P.
2004-01-07, 09:35 AM
Same here, no e-mail yet.

Nic M.
2004-01-07, 10:05 AM
Dito,
no mail on the mainland
10 days to go

PeterJ
2004-01-07, 10:45 AM
I think Rhys that you still need the network license manager. The different portable license utilities seem to be the bits that allow you to swithch from either a standalone license on a main machine to your laptop or some other remote, or swicth the license to a non networked machine, such as your laptop when working remotely if that is the model you adopt.

All a supreme pain in the arse.

rhys
2004-01-07, 11:18 AM
Yes quite right I just read the licensing white paper, oh for a dongle. Heresy I know, but perhaps the best marketing tool that Graphisoft -Archicad have over Adesk-Revit. :lol: