PDA

View Full Version : Revit Structure - When can we expect to see it?

Chad Smith
2005-06-07, 12:39 AM
I see the web page (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=5523749&siteID=123112) is now up, but when will it be release?

Scott D Davis
2005-06-07, 12:51 AM
:D Stay tuned! Soon...very soon.....

Chad Smith
2005-06-07, 12:57 AM
It seems a little premature. My understanding is that the official beta hasn't even been released yet.
I've been on the Structure beta list for a while now and still haven't heard anything.

Scott D Davis
2005-06-07, 01:03 AM
hmmm...interesting reading!

Revit Structure exports structural components as intelligent building objects native to Architectural Desktop.

So for the first time, a Revit model can export library components to an ADT component.

Chad, AFAIK, Beta has been on going, and is done at this point. Not sure why they didn't contact you, other than they were 'selective' about the Beta team.

Wes Macaulay
2005-06-07, 02:46 AM
I'm in Waltham getting training on it this week. Stay tuned...

Prodev75
2005-06-07, 02:50 AM
It will be interesting to see how Autodesk will handle major releases of each product. If or when Revit Building 9 reaches the Autodesk download page, will there be a new release of Revit Structures running in parallel.

Will it be called Revit Building 9 ?

Will it be called Revit Structures 2 or will we go back to the 3 per year builds we experience in the past?

Will Revit Building 9 be compatible with Revit Building 8 in anyway?
-Same code stream but with new features added allowing you to save backward and forward.
We would love that wouldn't we?

Will I need to upgrade all these computers with more memory to handle the increased functionality?

What’s going to happen to the 200+ families that were created during the past 4years? With new functionality will they be useless?

---------------------------

------------------------------

What’s going on behind the doors of S.O.M and how is my freedom tower doing? Are they using Revit Structures. (testing the waters for Autodesk)

There are just so many questions

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-07, 03:27 AM
For inquiring minds or at least structural minds...Autodesk has posted help and tutorial documents for Revit Structure in the documentation link on the product (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5523749)page. A little light reading there... Rebar tool and weld symbols popped out as interesting features and these are probably the most minor of minor aspects of this release.

From what I remember of AU...Revit Building would remain aligned with it's "stronger" brother as far a releases are concerned, can you read between the lines? :smile:

GuyR
2005-06-07, 04:06 AM
I've been on the Structure beta list for a while now and still haven't heard anything.

Same here. My understanding is Beta was over a while ago. I'm guessing what happened was they had enough on their plate getting the US release going. I've heard Structural in this part of the world by the end of September. Whether we'll seem some localisation beta going on between now and then who knows.

Guy

hugh.69031
2005-06-07, 07:38 AM
It seems you won't have to wait much at all ...

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=408612

Let's see if it's true.

Hugh Adamson
Cadro Pty Ltd
www.cadro.com.au (http://www.cadro.com.au)

luigi
2005-06-07, 10:09 AM
From the help file, it seems like if you have Revit Structures, you also have Revit Building......But not the other way...

Arnel Aguel
2005-06-07, 11:27 AM
Will there be also a 30 days trial for Revit structure?

luigi
2005-06-07, 11:32 AM
Will there be also a 30 days trial for Revit structure?
It's funny, but with your avatar I feel like you are nervously waiting for an answer!!!

mmodernc
2005-06-07, 12:36 PM
Had a look at blurb. Looks like it might solve some of the structural problems in Revit 7. Like structural beams not staying off centre-was this fixed in 8? I did a project with a high proportion of structural concrete. The engineer did not have revit structures so to do my working drawings I had to model all his work in my Revit file. So who said architects don't need Revit Structures. Bottom line is this is a fallacy till all your consultants get Revit X,Y,Z.

Rhythmick
2005-06-07, 01:49 PM
I found no 3rd party apps for analysis on the website. Is there any released info on this, and are they expected to be fully compatible upon release?

luigi
2005-06-07, 02:15 PM
I found no 3rd party apps for analysis on the website. Is there any released info on this, and are they expected to be fully compatible upon release?
Found this in the FAQ's

5. How does Revit Structure support analysis? What analysis applications are integrated with Revit Structure?

Revit Structure integrates with popular third-party analysis applications through the Application Programming Interface (API).

Autodesk Revit Structure has bidirectional links to ETABS® from Computers & Structures, Inc., RISA®-3D from RISA Technologies, and ROBOT Millennium from Robobat. Other links through the Revit Structure API are expected over time. Members of the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) have access to the Revit Structure API. Users can also link their in-house spreadsheets or in-house analysis and design software.

Visit our Partner Products (http://partnerproducts.autodesk.com/compatiblewith/revit.asp) site for more information on Revit-based partner products.

mmodernc
2005-06-10, 10:23 PM
What about Revit Architecture, Revit Project Management, Revit Facilities Management, Revit Construction Management, Revit Carpentry, Revit Autoframer...............................................

Wes Macaulay
2005-06-11, 01:36 PM
They might get onto all those flavours of Revit if

a) it can be proven that there is a market for each flavour to justify development costs
b) they could get enough programmers to handle the load

beegee
2005-06-11, 11:51 PM
>>b) they could get enough programmers to handle the load
and (hopefully ) c) - Revit Building had evolved to the point where virtually nothing new needed to be added. :-D

Wes Macaulay
2005-06-12, 12:08 AM
HA! Like WE would ever let that happen ;-)

mmodernc
2005-06-13, 11:18 AM
I was being facetious...................................................

Wes Macaulay
2005-06-13, 12:58 PM
oooooooh you cheeky monkey! :mrgreen:

david.kingham
2005-06-17, 10:25 PM
Just fyi it's available for download now