PDA

View Full Version : Elevation visibilty on multiple floors

patricks
2005-06-07, 01:33 AM
I placed an interior elevation for some casework on a lower floor, and that same elevation mark is visible on my upper floor. I even clicked and opened the elevation while in the upper floor plan, and it took me to the elevation for the lower floor. The top of the view's crop region is indeed below the upper floor level, so why am I seeing it on the upper floor?

Alex Page
2005-06-07, 01:43 AM
First thought is that your view range (in your upper floor plan) may be catching the floors below?? (note Im in a hurry...havent checked if this is the case)

Mr Spot
2005-06-07, 01:45 AM
This is caused by the view range settings of the upper floor overlapping with the extents of the elevation.... From my experience it doesn't appear to be an exact science though. and there normally has to be about a 300mm difference in order to avoid seeing the elevation...

If you can't get rid of it just use hide annotation in view.

patricks
2005-06-07, 01:57 AM
Yeah I was hoping to avoid that... I only have 2 casework elevations on this project but I might have lots on another project later and would not want to have to go through and hide a ton of elevation symbols one at a time.

I also have a Refrigerator component with the REF label on it, on the lower floor, and the REF is showing on my upper floor plan, as well. :(

patricks
2005-06-07, 02:16 AM
Alright the REF in the Refrigerator family is actualy an annotation family that is loaded into the Refrigerator family. For one thing I can't figure out why it's showing on my upper floor plan, and I also can't figure out how to turn it off in my upper floor's Visibilty/Graphics.

aaronrumple
2005-06-07, 02:28 AM
The REF in the sample refrigerator is more of an example of how 3d and annotation can be used together. My preference is to take the ref out of the 3d and use a tag.

patricks
2005-06-07, 03:19 AM
hmm well I turned off Generic Annotations in my upper floor view, and that got rid of it... hope I don't have any other generic annotations that I need to see.

beegee
2005-06-07, 03:24 AM
If you open the family, you can uncheck the label visibility using the detail level check boxes - assuming you want the label to remain in the family.

patricks
2005-06-07, 03:34 AM
Well I have the floor plans set on Fine, and I do want the label visible on the lower floor, where the refrigerator is, just not on the upper floor.