PDA

View Full Version : DWG Link in 5.1

Carl
2004-01-07, 04:37 PM
I have a linked DWG file in a specific view, it was imported after I had done some basic modeling of the existing structure. The linked file is displaying on top of the Revit modeled data so it's difficult to see the Revit model underneath the DWG file. How do I move the DWG file down/back so that the Revit data sits on top of the DWG?
Thanks

aaronrumple
2004-01-07, 05:17 PM
Revit has a hierarchy for its object display.... from top to bottom as follows.

Detail Items
Imported Dwg's to single view <these becomes detail lines)
Revit Model and Model lines.
Imported AutoCAD Dwg's to all views. <these become model lines.>
Images

In general this works ok, but there are times I'd like more control.

You can see that if you import the dwg to all views, the wall will sit on top and mask the dwg. Import to single view and the dwg sits on top of the model.

Carl
2004-01-07, 05:44 PM
Aaron,
I agree more control would be nice, but it also makes sence to order the different objects the way that they are ordered. Once again all the basics are right it's only a question of expanding the features and that will happen.
I have imported the DWG to all views and that works fine for what I need then for.
Thanks

aggockel50321
2004-01-07, 06:02 PM
A work-around that I find helps is to screen back the imported drawing by going to object properties under Settings, select the imported objects tab, select the imported drawing, expand it to show the layers, select all the layers, and change the layers' color to a light gray.

aaronrumple
2004-01-07, 06:05 PM
I have no problem with the relationship of DWG's. They work fine. It is the images I need more control over as discussed under a separate thread.

Carl
2004-01-07, 06:31 PM
Andrew, I need to keep the colors intact for legibility so I just change the whole DWG to halftone under the DWG/DXF/DGN Categories tab in the Visibility/Graphic overrides (found under View), it feels fater to me doing it that way.