PDA

View Full Version : Area error under dormers.

PeterJ
2004-01-07, 06:21 PM
I just noticed today, though I've seen this behaviour before, that 5.1 and earlier versions are not reporting room area correctly in dormers.

My construction has dormer cheeks, formed as wall, and these have their bottom faces attached to the roof. All straight forward stuff I think.

When I select the room name tag it shows the room boundary as the attached jpg which does not comply with an measuring standard I am aware of. The cut plane in this drawing is at 1200 mm which is the UK standard for useable space when measuring room areas. so the walls, which do not form downstands into the room are not reducing the area as appears to be shown.

As yet this won't have caused me any problems but we have some very tight schemes going through at present which push to the limit what can be achieved within local planning control and under reporting of floor areas could be a very serious issue.

Anyone know a way around this?

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1150

bclarch
2004-01-07, 06:44 PM
How about setting the dormer walls to be non-room bounding then manually adding area boundary lines where you need them?

PeterJ
2004-01-07, 07:15 PM
Simple and quick, whereas I am obviosuly just simple. Thanks

Allen Lacy
2004-01-07, 07:20 PM
Pete, you might try changing the room calculations height. It's under area settings>room calculations. Not sure it the standard would be too high or too low for dormers.