PDA

View Full Version : Dimension Text

Carl
2004-01-07, 09:51 PM
Is there any way to have a dimension with no text? In other words blank text so that I can place a note regarding the dimension instead.

Scott D Davis
2004-01-07, 10:00 PM
Place text with an opaque background over the dim text is the easiest way.

Dimensions in Revit cannot be over-ridden.

Carl
2004-01-07, 10:04 PM
I'm thinking about creating a True Type Font with no characters or really small characters and assigning this new font as the "Text Font" for the dimentsion style, will post the font if that works.

mlgatzke
2004-01-07, 10:33 PM
Why would you want this? Anytime I've ever needed a dimension with text other than the "correct" text, I've just used the opaque text block option - such as in cases using "varies" and "field verify."

I can't imagine that there would be such a large need for this that one would have to go to such lengths to attain it. . .

Allen Lacy
2004-01-07, 10:41 PM
You can also add a prefix or suffix to a dimension, such as "verify" or "varies". But, it will appear on all segments of a dimension string. You can add a separate dimension for the particular segment that needs additional information.

Carl
2004-01-08, 07:33 PM
Yip, there is no great need for it. I'm slowly updating the templates and bringing all the old notes and standard details from AutoCad to Revit, in this case I was updating the Standard ANSI details that go on all our projects.

The blank font worked and is attached:
"cc_ek_sien_niks.ttf" in a .zip file.

It took me a few minutes to create and test.