PDA

View Full Version : Site and Building at True Elevations - What am I doing wrong

tarch
2005-06-08, 02:01 PM
I have relocated the project and set First floor as shared as per image 'a'. However, when i model my site it floats above the building as if the building was not relocated, images 'b & c'.

Wes Macaulay
2005-06-08, 02:23 PM
The site is moving along with the coordinate system of the project. In section move your topo down by the same distance that you relocated your project (moved it) up.

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-08, 02:37 PM
The relocate feature is a "card trick", meaning the bldg doesn't really move. Your site however was created using true elevations. The suggestion Wes made should put you on track.

Alternatively if you didn't use the Relocate feature already you could put a dimension string across your levels in elevation or section and lock them all. Then change one of the levels to the true elevation. Keep in mind, doing so will mean you must fix all your elevation/section views because you moved your building up out of their current crop region.

tarch
2005-06-08, 02:48 PM
The site is moving along with the coordinate system of the project. In section move your topo down by the same distance that you relocated your project (moved it) up.If I move toposurface down contour elevations change to values relative to 0'-0" !?

luigi
2005-06-08, 03:10 PM
If I move toposurface down contour elevations change to values relative to 0'-0" !?Just go to the Settings - Site Settings

and in the field "Passing through Elevation " put the distance you had to move your toposurface...it will work!

Maybe Steve understood your problem better!!!

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-08, 03:11 PM
Take a look at the properties of the site contour labels. The card trick extends to them as well as the levels.

tarch
2005-06-08, 03:27 PM
Aaaha, I had to apply Luigi's suggestion along with yours.
Thanks guys