PDA

View Full Version : How to Insert Corner Mullions?

artitech
2005-06-08, 03:32 PM
I have curtain walls that meet at inside and outside corners and have currently inserted standard rectangular mullions on all grid segments of both curtain walls. I now want to change the mullions that meet at the corners so that it is a corner mullion . . joining the two curtain wall sections together by the corner mullion...

I can't find any HELP files (Revit 7.0) that explain how to do this, they just say that it can be done and indicate the variety of shapes that are available.?

Scott D Davis
2005-06-08, 03:42 PM
Hover over the current mullion in the corner, hit TAB until it highlights, then pick the Corner Mullion you'd like from the Drop Down list int he Options Bar. If this corner mullion replaces two existing overlapping mullions, Revit will prompt you, and delete one if you choose.

artitech
2005-06-08, 03:56 PM
I can only get to the corner mullion if I go through "element properties" and select "families" and then I see the corner mullion choices. If I select "Quad Corner" (for example) then select OK out of the element properties.... nothing changes?

Do I need to "load" the corner mullions into my project first?

Scott D Davis
2005-06-08, 04:29 PM
When you select the mullion, you don't see the mullions in the drop down list? If not, you purged them out of your project. Open a template and copy them back in. See image:

artitech
2005-06-08, 05:22 PM
That's it, thanks.

These are not loaded into my project.

Rhythmick
2005-06-08, 06:01 PM
Scott,

I really like those arrowheads, are they available in Revit? Did you create them?

Scott D Davis
2005-06-08, 06:40 PM
No, Photoshop arrowheads...sorry!