PDA

View Full Version : toposurface editing

studioCJF
2004-01-08, 06:20 PM
Is there a snap command for the grips in toposurface editing. I can select the point and snap it to an endpoint of another line but I cannot snap to the exact node of the grip. the best i can due is to zoom waaaaaaaay in and get close but this is a PITA when there aare alot of point to transfer.

BTW still using Revit 5.1 on this one. (how sad is that... I downloaded 6.0 about an hour after it was posted an still have not had time to load and play :( )

Clark

funkman
2004-01-09, 01:37 AM
Clark, I dont believe there is a snap feature. I have used the same method as you have described. I hope I stand corrected?

sbrown
2004-01-09, 04:24 AM
What I do is make my topo surface larger than I need it then draw a line or usually I have an autocad background and I split the surface using the background to snap to, this allows me to get the exact surface I need.

studioCJF
2004-01-10, 06:19 PM
Scott

That's how I created the original shape but now I'm trying to edit the existing shape. A snap/origin point would be great. like I said this is 5.1 does anyone know if this is different in 6.0? If so time to upgrade the file!

Clark

gregcashen
2004-01-10, 08:46 PM
There were no known enhancements made to the site tools in 6.0