PDA

View Full Version : Floor tool

overcaffeined1745
2003-05-16, 10:06 AM
I'd like to have a floor tool which did all the same things as the ceilings tool, but for floors.

Currently, if you have a plan with different floor patterns for some rooms, you can do it manually sketching thin floors, but it would be great if you could do it as comfortable as with the ceilings tool.

The floors tool should also have a setting for specifying whether the floor ends in the inner side of doors, outside, or in the middle, as well as for setting the floor material for the door threshold.

JamesVan
2003-05-16, 01:37 PM
Oooooh! This one has my vote. :)

Phil Palmer
2003-05-16, 04:03 PM
I have always thought that Revit requires a 'Floor Finish' Family.
In a commercial project environment you may have the floor slab as 1 complete family BUT need to have the different floor finishes (screed and finish) associated to each indivisual room area.

I normally end up with floor families on top of the main floor (structural slab).

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-16, 06:04 PM
So, in a sense, what you are suggesting is that we have structural floors and architectural floors? S-floors are slab etc., A-floors are the finish or system applied to the structure. Gee, sorta how it's really built...sounds like it's a very consistent concept with Revitism.

overcaffeined1745
2003-05-17, 08:20 AM
Indeed I'm already creating "S-floors" and "A-floors" (from the advice of some posters at alt.cad.revit), but I'm doing it manually. It would be nice if it was a Revit feature. Btw, this also helps to increase a bit the level of detail of section views.

christopher.zoog51272
2003-05-17, 12:56 PM
I agree, I also do speperate floors for finishes, ect.