PDA

View Full Version : Plywood material indication

ctc
2005-06-09, 05:58 PM
Has anyone figured out a way to have the plywood material indication be specified in a particular wall, roof, or floor layer and have it displayed correctly when cut in plan, section, and detail?

beegee
2005-06-10, 06:30 AM
Not sure I follow. Are you saying you don't like the standard ply drafting patterns that come with Revit and that you apply to the ply material when cut ?

Or, are you saying that you want one pattern to use in plan and a different pattern to use in section ? and another pattern to use at a larger scale detail ?

ctc
2005-06-10, 10:26 AM
There are no plywood patterns in my Revit walls, floors, roofs. When cut, these families display the required thickness for the plywood but there is no cut pattern. They are blank.

If I assign a plywood cut pattern to the plywood material, then in each of the wall, floor and roof families the pattern displays in all views when cut but it is not aligned or rotated to graphically display properly.

If I want to show plywood in these families, I must load, insert, place, rotate, and stretch the stretchable 2D plywood graphic in every project, in every view, for every family.

Scott Hopkins
2005-06-10, 05:56 PM
Generally it is not an issue for me. In larger building sections the scale is usually too small to effectively show plywood hatches. You can try showing them but when printed they will all bleed together. If anything, a solid light grey hatch works well for plywood at small scales. When you get to a large enough scale where plywood hatches will show, you are usually at the detail level and it is not a lot of hassle to add a plywood detail component. I wasn't satisfied with Revit's plywood detail component so I built my own. See the attached thread

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=16978&highlight=plywood

Andre Baros
2005-06-10, 08:00 PM
I was using the detail component option for a while, but we have project right now with a lot of plan detail of plywood walls and it's pretty annoying to be adding the detail component each time. In the end you can't tell, but it seams pretty "un-Revit" that I can't use the hatch that I've associated with the wall because it doesn't know that the wall turned, simply being able to "align" in the preview would help a lot.