PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 must reload worksets before making changes?

J-G
2004-01-09, 08:54 AM
It may be poor practice, but I often start my model in a single workset and then move elements as the project matures. I am at that point and am having problems. If I create a 3d view and display only the roof, when I select everything in the view and try to change the workset to "Roofs" I get an error saying that I must reload the worksets. After I reload the worksets I get the same error. The error doesn't seem to be consistent becasue only a few objects produce it. Example - I had two cupolas, one moved w/out a problem the other will not move. Same with typical roofs.

What am I missing? I need to set these worksets up to manage help with performance.

J-G
2004-01-09, 09:07 AM
If I cut the object to the clip board and then paste align them to the smae place (with the proper workset active) the objects will move, but this wouldn't work for objects that I want to keep locked or related to other other items

sbrown
2004-01-09, 09:33 PM
Sounds like a bug. If you just pick on a wall/roof and try to change its workset do you get this message? Do you have all the worksets editable? Are you working in the central file or local?

LMSmith
2004-01-10, 02:08 AM
This does look like a bug in borrowing - good catch. One work around I found that seems to work is the following: Save To Central and relinquish everything. Then check out the whole workset where the roof elements currently reside. Now you should be able to change them to your roof workset without the Reload Latest error.

Archman
2004-01-10, 03:30 PM
This needs to be moved to confirmed issues.

J-G
2004-01-10, 05:47 PM
LMSmith,

Your procedure does seem to work. I moved some roofs to the roof workset with out a problem.

papurajx
2004-03-05, 05:59 PM
I too came across this problem once when I tried tomove the elements to respective worksets created initially even before any workset is 'checked out' or any other elements being borrowed.

I tried to select the elements in elevation/section instead of selecting from 'Level View' and it did worked without the error message poping up !!

I wonder what triggers this error when we do it in the in th e'Level View'...

It could be a "Bug'......