PDA

View Full Version : Sweeps in ceilings?

patricks
2005-06-09, 11:46 PM
I made a profile for a drywall control joint, and loaded it into a wall sweep type, but it won't let me place it in a drywall ceiling. Do I really have to do it as in-place stuff? If so, then I'm just going to use drafting lines, because I have WAY too many control joints to try to model all that.

aaronrumple
2005-06-10, 12:13 AM
Sounds like you need a ceiling hosted generic family.

Is this for rendering or CD's? If for CD's - I'd do it with model lines placed on the ceiling plane or filled regions/detail componets on the view.

patricks
2005-06-10, 12:42 AM
It is for CD's.... we're about 2-3 weeks behind getting this thing out the door, the boss is leaving tomorrow at noon for 10-12 days vacation, so it MUST go out tomorrow morning, no if's, and's, or but's.

I just did single lines about a 6 line weight, and placed a "CJ" next to each one.

markw.134353
2007-02-22, 01:09 AM
Did you ever figure out a way to put sweeps (reveals) in ceilings that did not involve drawing lines? I have reveals in walls that need to turn up onto and run across the ceiling.

truevis
2007-02-22, 03:37 AM
Line-based generic models are swell for such things. I haven't tried them as voids yet, though.