PDA

View Full Version : Ambiguous location....?

Adam Mac
2005-06-10, 03:40 AM
Hi all....

Wondering if anyone can suggest how i solve this room area issue.
Have attached 2 pics showing the room in question - i think the problem may
stem from the btm left corner of room (shown in pic 2).

The lower wall is on a large arc.

I have (up until now) had the room area showing correctly.

TIA.

Adam

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-10, 04:58 AM
...Wondering if anyone can suggest how i solve this...This message occurs when two tags identifying one room get shifted somehow so one tag actual is in another space. If you look at this message in a schedule you'll see a button on the Options Bar called Explain Error. If you click that you'll get a dialog that will offer you a way to reconcile them by picking the view that has the correct position.

This often happens when you are fair along in a project and changes are made and one or more views still have tags that haven't been moved to a more appropriate spot.

blads
2005-06-10, 05:07 AM
Hi all....

Wondering if anyone can suggest how i solve this room area issue.
Have attached 2 pics showing the room in question - i think the problem may
stem from the btm left corner of room (shown in pic 2).

The lower wall is on a large arc.

I have (up until now) had the room area showing correctly.

TIA.

Adam

Hi Adam

When "Ambiguous location" pops up this usually means the room has multiple tags and they are not all in the same space.

You can select the tag or the schedule row that has the error and click Explain Error from the Options Bar. The button launches the standard error dialog with the same error message that was given when the problem first occurred. You can use standard error dialog features like Show to find the relevant tags.

For memory the "Ambiguous Location error" had a warning dialog box which includes a Reconcile Tags command. Click Reconcile Tags and the Reconcile Tags dialog box opens. The dialog box lists all tags for the room by view name and allows you to choose which tag represents the correct space. All tags that are not in the correct space are either moved into the space or deleted if there is already a tag in that space.

Hope that helps

Adam Mac
2005-06-10, 05:46 AM
Thanks Steve and Blads - i'll give that a try.
Very much appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

tamas
2005-06-10, 04:03 PM
If you suspect a corner, just cut it off with room separation lines and see if your tag behaves better.

Keep in mind that room separation lines need to join to walls and to each other to form a closed boundary. So it is best if you drew them ending at the wall centerlines.

Tamas