PDA

View Full Version : printer setup not sticking

tomm
2005-06-10, 02:31 PM
I am using Revit 8 and trying to print to a Lexmark C912 printer with a PS3 driver. We have certain layouts that require that dimensions related to ventilation components print in green, and dimensions related to plumbing components print in blue etc.
I can print a sheet after setting up the printer and saving the settings and it prints fine. When I print a 2nd time using the same settings everything that should be in colour prints correctly except for the dimensions which print in a grey scale.
Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

luigi
2005-06-10, 02:43 PM
I am using Revit 8 and trying to print to a Lexmark C912 printer with a PS3 driver. We have certain layouts that require that dimensions related to ventilation components print in green, and dimensions related to plumbing components print in blue etc.
I can print a sheet after setting up the printer and saving the settings and it prints fine. When I print a 2nd time using the same settings everything that should be in colour prints correctly except for the dimensions which print in a grey scale.
Does anyone have any experience with this problem?
If you went through the actual proper steps in saving the printing setup profile then it is possible that you are changing something in the Printer's property that is causing the printer to print differently? The changes it should remember is the Printer Settings found on the bottom right corvner of the Print Dialogue box. It's possible that if you change the property of the printer at the top that it won't remember it....

Of course I might have missed it all together!!!!

tomm
2005-06-10, 04:50 PM
Thanks Luigi: I am using the printer settings (bottom right) in the print dialog box but they don't seem to stay past the original plot. I am not sure if the problem is with Revit, or Lexmark, but it works fine with AutoCAD.

tomm
2005-06-15, 08:36 PM
I tried printing the drawing in question this morning and it printed fine. Tried to print another copy and no coloured dimensions again. The dimensions show up properly in the print preview.
The help system sates "the output is "What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)."; Why am I not getting what I see?