PDA

View Full Version : Revision Clouds

Les Therrien
2004-01-09, 08:41 PM
I'm sure this is probably a wishlist item, but is there a way to make revision clouds a different colour?

Les

Steven Campbell
2004-01-09, 09:10 PM
I'm sure this is probably a wishlist item, but is there a way to make revision clouds a different colour?

Les

Go to settings/line styles, you can change the color, line pattern and weight.

Steven M. Campbell
Autodesk Revit

Les Therrien
2004-01-09, 10:11 PM
Thanks Steven. I couldn't find that one!

zanzibarbob7
2005-12-18, 10:49 AM
I realize that this is an old post and I have just downloaded the newest version of Revit, but can't find a Revsion line style to alter. What am I missing?

aggockel50321
2005-12-18, 12:08 PM
In 8.1 the setting is in the settings/object styles dialog, under the annotations tab.

I think it used to be where Steve said. Not sure which release moved it there...

zanzibarbob7
2005-12-18, 02:18 PM
Thanks Andrew. The help file also needs updating since to directs you to Line Styles.

jarod.tulanowski
2005-12-27, 07:47 PM
Now if they can add a transparency to the clouds. it stinks when they cover up important information. Another wish list is that you can change the line types or colors of the different revision, so that the latest revision is the obvious one without turning off the other clouds.

ejburrell67787
2005-12-28, 11:10 AM
Now if they can add a transparency to the clouds. it stinks when they cover up important information.Sorry, what? The cloud lines are very thin and I never find that they obscure anything... and if the line was transparent... how would you see the revision cloud? :screwy:

jarod.tulanowski
2005-12-28, 02:03 PM
OK Elrond not a very polite way of answering. It is not like you would make the line invisible with a transparency off 100 just a slight transparency, so you can see through the cloud. Here let me show some examples to clarify. see below attached Acad plot compared to the Revit plots which do you think reads the best.

beegee
2005-12-28, 10:16 PM
Hi Jarod,

Have you tried setting the Rev Cloud to a grey tone ?

iru69
2005-12-28, 10:38 PM
It is not like you would make the line invisible with a transparency off 100 just a slight transparency, so you can see through the cloud.
The Acad version is more readible in my opinion. I really like the idea of being able to make any object style/line style transparent (or invisible)... that would be rad. Maybe you could make it a wish?

LRaiz
2005-12-28, 10:48 PM
ACAD revision clouds don't seem transparent to me. It rather looks like they they are drawn under some (but not all) other lines in the posted example. I wonder if someone who has ACAD handy could make a few experiments and confirm if it is possible to have various draw order and thus have revision clouds draw both under and over other lines.

iru69
2005-12-28, 11:10 PM
I wonder if someone who has ACAD handy could make a few experiments and confirm if it is possible to have various draw order and thus have revision clouds draw both under and over other lines.
I don't think they're truly transparent either - unless that's a recent new feature. Yes, you can control the display order and have various draw orders of revision clouds in AutoCAD just like any polyline. However, transparent object/line styles would be really cool for all sorts of things.

jarod.tulanowski
2005-12-29, 01:48 PM
here you go LRaiz. The lines are not truely transparent as you guys pointed out and yes you can send things in front of the revision clouds. so Revit would have something Cad cant do yet haha (NOT EVEN IN THE 2006 VERSION OF ACAD) see attached image.

P.S. Acad revisions still read so much better even though it is just a draw order.

bowlingbrad
2005-12-29, 01:55 PM
Doesn't the transparency effect happen in AutoCAD with the plotter driver set to "merge lines"?

jarod.tulanowski
2005-12-29, 03:25 PM
In my understanding and plotting issues with solids. that is a no. we tried to put a black field behind text (on a border) and with the merge enabled all you got was a black field with no text. By turning it off it worked

P.S. by plotting to a pdf file it worked every time because it doesn't merge anything. a plt plot became all black using the merge with a hpgl2 driver.

jarod.tulanowski
2005-12-29, 03:31 PM
on a separate note you can add a transparency to images in the next acad release.

ACAD help info
When image transparency is set to on, the program recognizes those transparent pixels and allows graphics in the drawing area to “show through” those pixels.

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-29, 04:19 PM
Doesn't the transparency effect happen in AutoCAD with the plotter driver set to "merge lines"?That was my thought, too. Having this ability in Revit would be useful for situations like this: it would be great if we could set line and object styles to have transparency.