PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions: Labels and Structural Deck

valamar2005-site
2005-06-11, 09:49 AM
Hello!
I have two questions within one post
First I can never access the label command when using the drafting menu. It's always grey-out. What can I do to activate it? It seems very useful if you can label dimensions within the project (I mean not only in sketch mode)
My second questions regards the floor edit assembly. There is an option with Structural Deck[1] within the layers. Unfortunately revit sends me back the message below.
Where can I find this profile?
Thak you for your reply...

luigi
2005-06-11, 10:34 AM
Hello!
I have two questions within one post
First I can never access the label command when using the drafting menu. It's always grey-out. What can I do to activate it? It seems very useful if you can label dimensions within the project (I mean not only in sketch mode)
My second questions regards the floor edit assembly. There is an option with Structural Deck[1] within the layers. Unfortunately revit sends me back the message below.
Where can I find this profile?
Thak you for your reply...
I can answer the first one.
The level can only be added in elevation, section....not in plan so you must be in plan, if the level is grayed out.

The second might be somehting related to Revit Structure, for I don't see any deck profile, nor a template to create it.

valamar2005-site
2005-06-11, 10:53 AM
Thank you luigi for your quick reply..
But I think you have readen my question too fast. I am not speaking about LEVEL but LABEL..
For the second one same conclusion as you! But I'd like to access it if possible...

luigi
2005-06-11, 11:26 AM
Thank you luigi for your quick reply..
But I think you have readen my question too fast. I am not speaking about LEVEL but LABEL..
For the second one same conclusion as you! But I'd like to access it if possible...
Ohh, sorry!
Label is not a valid command int he project. It is only for annotation family. That is why it is greyed out....creat a new annotation family, through the template, and you will see that the label command will not be greyed out...

Peace,

valamar2005-site
2005-06-11, 12:16 PM
Yes Luigi....
That's what I was afraid of... in the family editor u can see it (happily) but not in the project. As u guessed I was wondering if we could build a label within the project outside sketch mode (that could be so powerful).
Thank you for aswering!

JamesVan
2005-06-13, 01:39 PM
Yes Luigi....
That's what I was afraid of... in the family editor u can see it (happily) but not in the project. As u guessed I was wondering if we could build a label within the project outside sketch mode (that could be so powerful).
Thank you for aswering!
What are you thinking of accomplishing with the Label tool throughout a project?

By the way, there was a similar thread on the 'structural deck' issue a while ago...
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=18430&highlight=structural+deck

valamar2005-site
2005-06-14, 05:39 PM
Well,
The labelling tool could help also within the project. I know I can use it while sketching and that's a good point but why not labelling also elements like walls or levels or whatever... I can imagine the project could be overconstrained by this way but it could be really fascinating to use formulas to control a distance or an array within the project...
Or maybe I am missing something and that's already possible.

JamesVan
2005-06-14, 06:21 PM
OK, I can see where that may be of limited use. Did you know you could type a formula directly into any temp or permanent dimension (i.e. "=20'*cos(45)/3")? Granted, this does not maintain a relationship based on the formula, but if you need to do any kind of geometrically diverse or repetitive design, it's best to develop a parametric family.

Credit to my 'homeboy' Matt Jezyk...

valamar2005-site
2005-06-16, 11:50 AM
Yes, I knew...
OK with you about families (but still frustrated about labelling within the project)
Cu