PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use the Tekton font?

patricks
2005-06-12, 06:49 AM
Our office uses Tekton font for most of the text in Revit. I like the way it looks, but for some reason the apostrophe doesn't work in Revit with that particular font. It works fine with that font in other applications like Word.

So any dimensions end up looking like this: 40 - 0".

It's pretty annoying especially in our door schedules, where you get this huge long list of 7 - 0" in the door height column. When I type a dimension, I usually use the backwards apostrophe, the ` symbol, but that doesn't work with automatic dimensions.

Anybody else have this problem?

*edit* the apostrophe works fine in Revit with other fonts, like Arial, just not with Tekton.

Joef
2005-06-12, 02:09 PM
I just tried out the font and the apostrophe seems to be missing for me as well. What I would do is download a font creator program (high logic font creator has a 30 day demo) and find the culprit apostrophe and fix it. Look at Arial and see where they put the apostrophe and then put one there in Tekton. Why it would work in Word and not in Revit is a mystery. Perhaps it is there but is being placed too high to be seen.

beegee
2005-06-12, 10:45 PM
TektonPro is an OpenType font that uses PostScript outlines and therefore may not not fully translate in Revit.

>>. Why it would work in Word and not in Revit is a mystery. >>.

Joef
2005-06-12, 11:00 PM
If you compare Tekton and Arial in Character Map you will see that where Arial has a glyph for the apostrophe, Tekton has a blank.

patricks
2005-06-13, 07:42 PM
Yeah I see the blank space in the character map for Tekton, but why it works fine in MS Word is beyond me.

I wish there was a way to substitute the "accute accent" (keystroke Alt+0180) for the apostrophe in Tekton.

mikemck
2005-09-12, 10:12 PM
I am using a version of Tekton I downloaded from MyFonts.com.

It does feet and inches just fine.

The problem I have with this version of Tekton is that in Revit the letter height is about 2/3 to 3/4 what it should be. I guess I can compensate when I set up the text style. It is the proper height in other applications, including AutoCad.

If you want to purchase it from MyFonts, the price is $21 with a discount if you buy multiple fonts.

Rols
2005-09-13, 01:29 PM
We noticed the same thing with Tekton. I've tried purchasing other hand-lettered fonts with mixed results. Some get blotchy and hard to read at half scale, others seem to insert random tab spaces when they're used in schedules and note blocks.
We are now considering just going back to Arial.

david.kingham
2005-09-13, 01:37 PM
Here ya go, these work rather well, I have modified the original architxt to have horizontal lines on the i and i created the narrow version which is 8/10 the width of the original