PDA

View Full Version : Date format in Revit

phindes
2005-06-14, 12:18 PM
I am using the "Drawing List" schedule, and one of the available fields is "Issue Date" which is really useful.

However, where I live (Australia), we write the date in the format DD/MM/YY, and for us it is really confusing to have it the other way MM/DD/YY which is the format Revit uses for the date schedule.

Anyone know how to adjust the date format?

daniel.hurtubise70031
2005-06-14, 01:51 PM
I think it uses your Windows Local Settings, anybody correct me if im wrong please.

LRaiz
2005-06-14, 02:17 PM
I believe that sheet issue date is just a text. You can type whatever you want in that field. At the time of sheet creation this field is initialed following US date conventions (in retrospect it would have been better if Revit left this field blank). However since sheet creation date is never equal to sheet issue date user is able to modify this field value. Furthermore a sheet may not even be issued yet and user may want to record this fact by typing "not issued" in the field. Just try typing whatever you want. You can use either sheet properties dialog or drawing list schedule to make modification.

On the other hand "datestamp" label that may be included in a titleblock will format dates according to a user Windows Regional Settings. This field is designed to work as a date in the format of user locale and is useful to show the date/time of file printing in plot margins.

HTH