PDA

View Full Version : Groups-(was >Am I doing this wrong?)

bowlingbrad
2005-06-14, 08:54 PM
We are getting alot of 'bad' group warnings and errors. We think it has to do with the corridor/group relationship. Below is an image simply showing how we have our groups organized. The question I have is; Should we split up the corridor walls and place them into the individual unit groups? Will this help our situation? Any real-world examples? If we need to do this, which way is the most painless?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-06-14, 09:35 PM
We typically put the corridor walls in the unit group, like you just described, because we find that unit entry seems to change a lot over the course of the project. I'm not saying that it will help you with the errors, but that's just how we do them here.

I'm curious, why did you place the corridor walls in there our group like that? what is the advantage?

-Z

bowlingbrad
2005-06-14, 10:09 PM
Zoog,
This is one of those 'messy' projects. It was our first real project and they just stayed like that. Now, we don't like them at all. Is there a way to convert? Will I loose alot of my information?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-06-15, 12:57 AM
Zoog,
This is one of those 'messy' projects. It was our first real project and they just stayed like that. Now, we don't like them at all. Is there a way to convert? Will I loose alot of my information?
ahhh. gotcha...we've all got those "messy" projects kicking around the office

well, how far into DD or Cd's are you? looks like you are pretty far a long. Adding the into the units is not that bad you'll have to do alot of deleting, which could mess with your door schedule etc. I suggest that you simply ungroup the the corridors and call it a day. That may solve some of your group issues, but then again it might not. Try it on a copy of the project.

-Z

bowlingbrad
2005-06-15, 03:32 AM
Thanks, man.

I'll test it out tomorrow.

lev.lipkin
2005-06-15, 03:00 PM
Can you get your model to support with examples of actions resulted in 'bad' warnings and errors? Thanks.

bowlingbrad
2005-06-15, 04:24 PM
Oh, trust me, development has a couple of our files already. Just open those and have at it!