PDA

View Full Version : Leader

jmedley
2004-01-11, 06:51 PM
What am I missing? Surely there is a way to draw a leader line without text. (As in drawing multiple lines to the same note). THANKS!

gregcashen
2004-01-11, 08:32 PM
You draw the text note using the text note with leader option, then you select the text note you just made and can use the add leader button to add as many leaders as you need

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-11, 08:46 PM
Jim,

A text object by design can have many leaders attached to it or subsequently removed if necessary...take a look at the option bar when you have a text object selected or while placing one as Greg suggests above.

Regarding "blank" text...it took me a couple of minutes to "find" the post, but Greg posted a nice bit of help in THIS TOPIC (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1780&highlight=blank+text)

Using Greg's info I've attached a Release 6.0 family I made that you should be able to insert via the Drafting Tab > Symbol, tell Revit how many leaders you want and you'll get a "blank" leader object that you can move around.

jmedley
2004-01-11, 09:09 PM
It took a little bit to figure this out, but it works slick after I did figure it out. Like I have read somewhere, I guess I'll have to forget Acad.

jmedley
2004-01-11, 09:10 PM
I meant to say THANKS!

paullee
2006-09-20, 05:09 PM
I tried inserting this leader via the Drafting Tab (I don't know what this means: "&gt") ; Symbol in a revit structure 3 floor plan callout but nothing happens. Also why the *&*^% hasn't Autodesk provided something as basic as a leader with no text after all these Revit releases??????????