PDA

View Full Version : Self mirrored tag

E-Key
2005-06-16, 04:59 PM
Hi!
I sent this question to Autodesk Discussion Group, but didn't get an answer.

I have a tag type which shows height of door opening and sill elevation. The tag is defined with two parameters divided with symbol "/" as text object. Revit puts wrong parameters sequence in the tag for door in horizontal wall. See attached Revit sample file.
Is it possible to fix this cause?
Thanks

jpolding
2005-06-17, 05:37 PM
Yes it is possible to fix this problem as you have shown it although another step will be required when inserting the tag.
Edit Family of the Tag. Then under Settings-Family Category and Parameters-uncheck Rotate with component.
Load tag into project.
After selecting the tag the Options Bar will offer 'Horizontal' or 'Vertical' alignment options. Hopefully in future 'Rotate' will also be an option for tags.

E-Key
2005-06-17, 05:51 PM
Edit Family of the Tag. Then under Settings-Family Category and Parameters-uncheck Rotate with component.
Thanks for answer. I know about this solution. But it isn't satisfactory for me, because I have walls with different angles in plan view, not only vertical or horizontal and I need a solid solution. As I can see the application works in wrong way. May be this problem is a subject of Revit wishlist?

jpolding
2005-06-17, 05:54 PM
I agree, this one deserves to go on the wish list.