PDA

View Full Version : Another Strange Group Warning...

bowlingbrad
2005-06-16, 06:42 PM
I edited two doors in a group. I added a schedule key item to their instance parameters. Clicked finish group and got this message. WHY?? What does this mean? I didn't touch any dimensions?!? And also, can someone explain to me the difference between the yellow background warnings and the white background warnings? Are the yellow ones just a little bit worse than the white?

J. Grouchy
2005-06-16, 06:51 PM
I edited two doors in a group. I added a schedule key item to their instance parameters. Clicked finish group and got this message. WHY?? What does this mean? I didn't touch any dimensions?!? And also, can someone explain to me the difference between the yellow background warnings and the white background warnings? Are the yellow ones just a little bit worse than the white?

I don't know about that particular warning...
but the white warnings usually require an acknowledgement of some sort (i.e. cancel, continue, delete, etc.) and the yellow ones can be ignored and you can usually just continue what you are doing and they go away.

aaronrumple
2005-06-16, 07:04 PM
Note that you can click on the notepad icon and the yellow ignorable waring will pop up the white reviewable warning dialgo and let yuou better identify what the problem is and what objects it is talking about.

If I dimension a group to say a column line then copy/paste the group/dimensions to another plan where there is no column line - the dimension will be deleted. Your message is related to this.

Wes Macaulay
2005-06-16, 07:09 PM
The white warning boxes are worse...

Rols
2005-06-17, 03:11 AM
As for the problem with the doors, not the error box colors, I've experienced sort-of similar problems. When I tried to edit a unit plan group and assign a door to a door style key, I would always get errors. The only real solution I found is that you must assign the door style before you add the door to a group.
Has anyone else run into this? Am I just being superstitious in my little ritual, or has this been fixed in 8.0?

aaronrumple
2005-06-17, 01:27 PM
There are just lots of issues with groups. I've needed extensive use of them on most every project. They've caused nothing but headaches.