PDA

View Full Version : Editing imported dwg files?

m_r_meza
2005-06-16, 08:54 PM
I downloaded a tree family from Revit city. The tree is a palm tree that was created in auto cad and imported. Is there any way for me to edit the cad file?

SCShell
2005-06-17, 02:02 PM
Hey there,
Yes. Depending on how complicated it is, you need to highlight the imported file and click on either "partially explode" or "completely explode" which are located in the toolbar after highlighting an imported DWG file.
Be careful however. Once you explode a DWG, (either partial or completely) you will now have all of that drawing's line types and text types. I typically do this in a separate project file, modify all the lines and text to be my Revit stuff, and then save it back out as a DWG or a Revit file depending on what it is.
If you do this in a project environment, after you change all the lines and text to your Revit types, purge all of the DWG's original line and text types. (They will make your project file very cluttered with tons of fonts and line types that you don't use.)

Bye the way, are you the person who needs palms for your non-rendered views? If so, let me know if this works for ya, otherwise, I can post my .rvt file for a palm.

Good Luck
Steve