PDA

View Full Version : Stair Rail...

aaronrumple
2005-06-17, 04:47 PM
Any easy way to get thios rail join to clean at a landing?

J. Grouchy
2005-06-17, 04:58 PM
I've been rather dissappointed by the appearance of railings...though I do realize it's probably rather challenging to get the model to do all that we ask. I'd like to see this situation fixed and better joints between rails and balusters (you can see the problem in the above image as well).

sbrown
2005-06-17, 05:41 PM
YOu need a newell post at conditions like that in the real world, or you pick the segment on the landing and tell it to slope.

daniel.hurtubise70031
2005-06-17, 05:44 PM
Would you happen to have one of those post already build ?

patricks
2005-06-17, 07:00 PM
Well in real life, if that is a steel guardrail and handrail, the fabricator would just put a short piece that runs vertically between the horizontal and sloped portions of the handrail, with smooth, rounded connections. How to do it in Revit? I have no idea, we really need to be able to have sweeps run in 3 dimensions.

sbrown
2005-06-17, 07:07 PM
heres one I used long ago when I was doing a lot of commerical work. I just placed it as needed. I suppose you could create one as a post and use it within the railing editor.

Mr Spot
2005-06-17, 10:21 PM

This is weird how come the add vertical/horizontal segment is not working any more?

Nor is the edit joins - add vertical/flat section.

I'm sure these used to result in adding a newel post?

Maybe i'm just going crazy? But isn't that what these tools were supposed to be for?

funkman
2005-06-18, 04:30 AM
wouldnt that depend on how you wanted to achieve this in the real world? The mid rail and the handrail are both, presumably, how you told revit to build the rails - at a certain height. Wouldn't it be that the only way to join these is by a vertical section at the unjoined corner - or is that what you are asking anyhooo? Or the handrail and midrail to the small landing section will need to be angled to meet the upper flight.

aaronrumple
2005-06-18, 08:13 AM
Typically there would just be a vertical section....