PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Revit Structure Families for Revit Building?

Thomas Cummings
2005-06-18, 02:23 AM
Are there additional families that could/should migrate over form Revit Structure? If so will they be made available, or can we be devious and harvest families from the Revit Structure Trial.

As a residential builder remodeler I would be interested in wood systems of course.

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-18, 04:21 PM
As a residential builder remodeler I would be interested in wood systems of course.In my cursory examination of RS so far, there doesn't appear to be any drastic differences in the structural families. It is more the tool to place and manage them that is. This version of RS is not focused on wood structure. Steel and concrete are the focus...please feel free to correct me...

aaronrumple
2005-06-18, 06:22 PM
Those new slabs with metal deck really spruce up sections tho....

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-18, 06:28 PM
Those new slabs with metal deck really spruce up sections tho....Indeed they are nice eh! Make me wonder who's going to own the slabs? Will we just model finish floors and link in the structure?

aaronrumple
2005-06-19, 03:01 AM
I snagged the basic seed template for my architectural template. You can't edit some of the information in 8, but I see no reason they would lock that out of 8.1 (unhappy users would abound.)

cosmickingpin
2005-06-19, 03:06 PM
Alright you guys! knock it off before they get wise to us! ;)

I snagged the basic seed template for my architectural template. You can't edit some of the information in 8, but I see no reason they would lock that out of 8.1 (unhappy users would abound.)