PDA

View Full Version : Showing area tags from schedule?

valamar2005-site
2005-06-18, 04:05 PM
Hello all,
Does anyone knows how to show an area tag from a room schedule? The button is always greyed-out. Why?

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-18, 04:08 PM
Hello all,
Does anyone knows how to show an area tag from a room schedule? The button is always greyed-out. Why?Areas and Rooms are separate objects. You need to create an Area Plan and place area boundary lines to place area tags. Room Tags quantify net area in regular plans while Area Tags in Area Plans allow you to either calculate Gross Area or Net Area or some combination thereof.

valamar2005-site
2005-06-18, 07:20 PM
OK I already know the subtile difference between Area tags and Room tags. The misunderstanding is only due to my bad english. So apologies... What I mean is that Room tags (same thing for area tags) can be scheduled. Once it's done u cannot accces the appropriate tag FROM the schedule itself by pushing the "show" button because it's greyed-out. For instance within a door schedule u can "show" the door in every view... the button is available! (by the way it can be a way to find the room)
What's your point of view?

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-18, 07:39 PM
...OK I already know the subtile difference between Area tags and Room tags...Sorry...

...What's your point of view?...You are correct it isn't possible and yes it would be nice if it were possible.