PDA

View Full Version : Brain Cramp Selection Question

mlgatzke
2004-01-13, 01:40 AM
Alright. . . I'm having a brain cramp. I can't remember this. Sorry for asking such a simple question.

With version 5, and before, we were able to specify if we wanted to select objects using "Inside" or "Crossing" (sorry if I've confused the older version of Revit with Auto%#D terms).

Version 6.0 selects by "Inside" by default, but how can I set it to select by "Crossing" when I need it to?

beegee
2004-01-13, 01:51 AM
To select only elements completely within the boundary of the pick box, drag the pointer from left to right. To select elements partially within the boundary of the pick box, drag the pointer from right to left.

Also, if you have selected an element or multiple elements and clear the selection, you can quickly restore that selection by pressing the left arrow (<-) key on your keyboard or by right-clicking and choosing Select Previous from the pop-up menu.

You can only restore selection while Modify is active. If you switch to a different command, the selection is cleared.

Scott D Davis
2004-01-13, 02:12 AM
It's now like.....dare I say it......AutoCAD! Drag up-left and the selection box is dashed signifying a Crossing window, whil down-right is a solid window line for an Inside selection window. This was actually a wish-list item.

mlgatzke
2004-01-13, 05:37 AM
OH GOD! Am I embarassed now. Hell, I've been a user and trainer of [you know what] for about 15 years. Here the answer to my question is "Oh, it's just like [that program]. Boy, now I'm really embarassed.

Sorry for the brain cramp.

Cathy Hadley
2004-01-13, 05:45 AM
No need.... just think of it as the transformation being complete... you were told to forget [you know what] and you did!!!

ita
2004-01-13, 05:51 AM
Hey common guys - lets not get tootsie about all this!

Acad was great - we would not be here today if it were not for that app- however its time has come, its had its time in the sun etc etc but we can say the word. Believe me it is not heresy to name it.

Thank God for the creation of Autocad for with out that experience we would not know what we are not missing!! :!:

mlgatzke
2004-01-13, 06:37 AM
Cathy, for a moment there I thought I was back in Vegas again and we were drinking again. I guess I'll just chalk it up to another one of my "senior moments." Thanks Beegee.

gregcashen
2004-01-13, 07:42 AM
Don't worry yourself Mike. Worse than forgetting some of the new features...I made up features that I coulda swore someone said were gonna be in 6... :screwy:

Scott D Davis
2004-01-13, 04:33 PM
You must unlearn what you have learned.....except the selection window.

:shock: