PDA

View Full Version : Please Keep the Thread Heading in Replies.

beegee
2005-06-20, 02:26 AM
We're noticing a tendency among some Reviteers to change or remove the thread heading when replying to posts.

We’re asking everyone not to do that when they reply to posts, as it creates problems for other people viewing in threaded or hybrid mode. They get strange titles listed.

Thanks for your help.

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-20, 03:32 AM
example one

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-20, 03:32 AM
No title..

beegee
2005-06-20, 03:40 AM
Alright Steve, you've been warned once - next time you're out....

Ooops, sorry boss ... kinda forgot who I was speaking to there...:Oops:

tamas
2005-06-20, 03:48 PM
I see nothing strange about this. The second reply changed the title, the third just removed it.

Sometimes the reply is related to one specific part of the thread and the title can emphasize it.

Why bother regulating this?

Tamas

PS: By the way, I just see that this "Qucik Replied" post got no title. I did nothing to remove it.

cosmickingpin
2005-06-20, 04:15 PM
This does tend to be common practice in other online forums and that is where a lot of us picked up the habit. I know, I know, "If all the other forums were jumping off a cliff, does that mean we should too?" Depends on what's chasing them off the cliff I guess.

bowlingbrad
2005-06-20, 04:43 PM
Alright Steve, you've been warned once - next time you're out....

Ooops, sorry boss ... kinda forgot who I was speaking to there...:Oops:

No worries, beegee. Steve is just the CO-manager, not the MANAGER-manager :wink:

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-25, 01:31 AM
Apparently the Quick Reply feature posts sans title... Please don't feel you must put it back in the post.

In general we'd appreciate the title remaining intact but we won't be unfriendly to any that don't. Fair? Thanks!!