PDA

View Full Version : Tags and phases

mmodernc
2005-06-20, 05:34 AM
Can tags give phase properties of an item? e.g. existing, temporary demolished etc. or would you need to create specific tags for each phase?

beegee
2005-06-20, 06:09 AM
The short answer is that there is no parameter for phases that can be added to a tag.

A shared parameter could be used, but is not " automatic"

Graphic over-rides show this information visually and schedules can be created for categories and phases to list which elements are demolished and when.

mmodernc
2005-06-20, 06:46 AM
So if you have an existing wall which has a window in it which you demolish in the new construction phase and replace with a narrower, taller window, even with the graphic overrides you can have a situation which confuses because of the superimposed information and because Revit can't seem to handle it 100%.
I am using a different window tag for windows demolished, new windows and existing windows to be retained. It means that all windows have a sequential number and I can appropriately tag the window to be demolished and the new window so that the builder can see more clearly which window he is removing and which he is installing. I can then set up three window schedules according to phases and also have the window tag symbols and explanatory notes in a legend. One problem I am having is that the new window is partly being obscured by the part of the wall to be demolished in order to accommodate it so you cannot see the whole window. So the more info you give the client and the builder in a logical form the less chance of error.
You can have a separate demolition drawing file but that then divorces the information and does not give the infill information.
Am I missing something?

beegee
2005-06-20, 06:54 AM
Sounds like this could be a good case for a separate & distinct demolition phase so that everything can be shown fully and clearly. ( Existing > Demolition > New = 3 phases. )