PDA

View Full Version : Adding images in a sheet's layout

p.vicini
2005-06-20, 03:37 PM
Hi all, goodmorning,
i added in an A4 sheet rfa family four images of about 300-400 kb each, one title tag and one little text. The file went to 12 mb size ; anybody knows why?? and exists a method to add images without grow soo much the project size?

see you,

ejburrell67787
2005-06-20, 03:49 PM
The file went to 12 mb size ; anybody knows why??
Have you tried saving the file closing it and reopening it? Sometimes the file size jumps while you have it open and reduces once you have closed it. There have been some other threads disucssing this, including some speculation (was a conclusion reached?) about windows reporting file sizes inaccurately.

Elrond

p.vicini
2005-06-20, 03:53 PM
I did it, the first time before saving was about 23 Mb :-(

Roger Evans
2005-06-20, 04:03 PM
Are the images imported as Jpeg from "my documents" ?

I normally reduce image size by half or quarter & then import ~ Size of image is then adjusted to suit within the file (often reduced again to fit on sheet)

I also use Greyscale images if I want to cut down on printing

But no I do not know the reason for the increase in file size

p.vicini
2005-06-20, 04:08 PM
i reduced imagines with Photoshop since about the 33% , but the more impressive thing is that the file with no reduced images is smaller than the other !!
It is very strange, but , you know, if is not strange is not for work :-)

sbrown
2005-06-20, 08:44 PM
revit doesn;t link images so what ever size they are is added to revit, plus some for whatever revit needs data wise to have them there.

Tom Dorner
2005-06-20, 09:16 PM
Did you delete the raster images from the file using the "raster images" on the "file" menu? I don't think just deleting the display of the image from a sheet actually removes the image from the Revit file. When you open up the "raster image" command you need to delete the image from there.

Tom

p.vicini
2005-06-21, 10:15 AM
Did you delete the raster images from the file using the "raster images" on the "file" menu? I don't think just deleting the display of the image from a sheet actually removes the image from the Revit file. When you open up the "raster image" command you need to delete the image from there.

Tom

Tom,
if i delete image from the raster image command, they disappear from the design; i want to have them, but unfortunatly the size of the file gets 11 MB also if the four images total size is quite 1 Mb only ; me too was thinking that the size of the images would be , in Revit, the same size they have in the original file plus some more space to manage them inside the software; for the moment i see something different

p.vicini
2005-06-21, 11:03 AM
good news and bad news !!

i redid completely the sheet model and he got his right 4Mb total!!!!

Then i tried to remove each by each the images in the big one; when i did it, the empty file was always 11 Mb .

Maybe i have to send the file at the factory?? how can i do it??

daniel.hurtubise70031
2005-06-21, 12:15 PM
Logon to the subscription center
Go to Help and pick Create a support request

mtogni
2005-06-21, 02:37 PM
try with command purge. I noticed that even if you delete an image it still remains in the drawing and you have to purge it with the command. I noticed also (it's a bug?) that when you delete an image and then reload it, you still see the first one in the purge list; Revit, in other words, still get the first image within as deleted even if you have reloaded the same image.(sorry for my bad english)

cdunfield
2005-10-18, 05:15 PM
I have had no problem with actual image and file size but what I am having real trouble with (though I know the solution is probably really simple) is:

-I have imported JPEG images directly into a sheet

-How do I get a Title Line to go along with them. This title line is automatically created whenever I placed my plans on sheets but I cannot get one to show for the images.

And while we're talking about sheets - North Arrows - how do I add those to my sheets?

Thanks.

JTF
2005-10-18, 05:26 PM
I have had no problem with actual image and file size but what I am having real trouble with (though I know the solution is probably really simple) is:

-I have imported JPEG images directly into a sheet

-How do I get a Title Line to go along with them. This title line is automatically created whenever I placed my plans on sheets but I cannot get one to show for the images.

And while we're talking about sheets - North Arrows - how do I add those to my sheets?

Thanks.

Import your image into a drafting view and then place the drafting view onto the sheet and you can then add a tiltle line.

Also if you make a north arrow family or group you can then load the family or group and add your north arrow to which ever view you want it in.

cdunfield
2005-10-18, 05:28 PM
DOES THIS WORK WITH MUTLIPLE IMAGES ON A SHEET?

Import your image into a drafting view and then place the drafting view onto the sheet and you can then add a tiltle line.

Also if you make a north arrow family or group you can then load the family or group and add your north arrow to which ever view you want it in.

JTF
2005-10-18, 05:30 PM
DOES THIS WORK WITH MUTLIPLE IMAGES ON A SHEET?

Import as many images into separate drafting views and it will work.